Walsall vs Morecambe

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

PERMUTATIONS

CHAMPIONSHIP

• Norwich can be crowned Champions if they can equal Watford's result

• Wycombe will be relegated if Derby get at least a point.
  • Sheff Weds will also be relegated if Derby better their result, or if they lose.
  • Rotherham will be down if they lose against Blackburn and Derby win.  

LEAGUE ONE

• Peterborough need to avoid defeat against Lincoln and they will be promoted. 

• Northampton & Rochdale will be relegated if they can't better Wigan or AFC Wimbledon's results.

LEAGUE TWO

• Cambridge can confirm promotion before anyone else plays if they can beat Harrogate on Friday night.
  • Bolton can gain promotion if they win, or if they draw & Morecambe and Tranmere both don't win.

• Southend will be relegated if they don't win. It will go down to the final day if they win and if one of Scunthorpe & Colchester both lose. 

Wilson freekick gave him his hat trick and a 4-0 win for us. 

Elsewhere, Swansea beat Derby and Rotherham get a draw against Blackburn.

Rotherham's game in hand against Luton is pretty much the season definer now. Win and they go into 21st on goal difference going into the final game of the season against us. 

For Derby and Sheffield Wednesday? 

Match of the day. They play each other. 

24 minutes ago, Dan said:

Oh my god Derby are actually going hahahaha

Would be funny as fuck, but I feel they'll get the result they need against Wednesday. 

Personally, I'd love to see Rotherham win the game in hand against Luton then match Derby's result, sending both Derby and Wednesday down. 

• Subscriber

Typical that we put in a good performance today. I know I said I wanted the players to prove they want to stick around but where was this energy and drive in midweek when we needed it?

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Such a shame Brentford never perform when it matters. They'd offer so, so much more to the Premier League than Watford.

I think if we had a Benrahma type player alongside Toney then this season would be very different for us, hopefully we don’t fuck the play-offs

Don't really follow the lower leagues, but mad that it's so close at the Championship trapdoor. Would be incredible to see a team like Derby go into the third tier when only a few season ago they were bottling the play-offs to make it into the top flight. 

I was watching Sky Sports News at the time of Peterborough going up, one of the worst penalties I've ever seen awarded and for this reason alone I hope Peterborough go back down, in 24th with zero points.

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Don't really follow the lower leagues, but mad that it's so close at the Championship trapdoor. Would be incredible to see a team like Derby go into the third tier when only a few season ago they were bottling the play-offs to make it into the top flight. 

I was watching Sky Sports News at the time of Peterborough going up, one of the worst penalties I've ever seen awarded and for this reason alone I hope Peterborough go back down, in 24th with zero points.

Surprisingly, this will be one of the quietest final days in the Championship for a while. Usually you'd see final day automatic, play off and relegation battles between a few teams but this time it's just a relegation battle between three teams to avoid one of the two spots (not counting Wycombe as bar the biggest of swings, they're as good as down). 

• Subscriber

Derby are a mess of a club. They've been clowns for years. Repeatedly blowing big money on average players. It catches up with you in the end.

46 minutes ago, Dan said:

Derby are a mess of a club. They've been clowns for years. Repeatedly blowing big money on average players. It catches up with you in the end.

Yeah, I remember just before covid happened the general consensus amongst people was that Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County would really struggle the following season largely due to how badly they had been financially mismanaged. Its qutie mad that despite every other team recieving an unexpected financial bomb with Covid that they're both still performed the worst in the league. It's been a combination of poor managerial appointments, good youth players not progressing to the rate expected and experienced players just not performing well enough all season. It would be great if Rotherham do it. Firstly to stop this yo yo nonsense they're under, and secondly because they appear to be far better run than the other clubs. If I was a Birmingham City fan I'd be pretty concerned at the minute as they're exactly where these two teams were over a year ago.

Massive hats off to Wycombe, when you look at how terrible some of the decisions were that went against him in the first half of the season its a real testament to Gareth Ainsworth's side that they still haven't got an R next to their name.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Good lord. Wonder if Darragh MacAnthony addresses this.

Just seen this.

Unreal decision. How any referee deems that a penalty is bizarre.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah, I remember just before covid happened the general consensus amongst people was that Sheffield Wednesday and Derby County would really struggle the following season largely due to how badly they had been financially mismanaged. Its qutie mad that despite every other team recieving an unexpected financial bomb with Covid that they're both still performed the worst in the league. It's been a combination of poor managerial appointments, good youth players not progressing to the rate expected and experienced players just not performing well enough all season. It would be great if Rotherham do it. Firstly to stop this yo yo nonsense they're under, and secondly because they appear to be far better run than the other clubs. If I was a Birmingham City fan I'd be pretty concerned at the minute as they're exactly where these two teams were over a year ago.

Massive hats off to Wycombe, when you look at how terrible some of the decisions were that went against him in the first half of the season its a real testament to Gareth Ainsworth's side that they still haven't got an R next to their name.

Derby's relegation if they do fall through would be an utter embarrassment and quite possibly one of the worst collapses at this level so late on. They have had so many chances to secure safety playing against sides with nothing to play for, taking the lead and ending up losing. It's a gutless squad with a manager clearly a bit out of his depth.

All in all though, this is the product of years of awful recruitment and a good example, along with Wednesday, Forest, Birmingham and whoever that it's so important that you get it right.

Derby paid more for Martyn Waghorn than Norwich did for most of their usual XI combined, including Pukki on a free, Buendia for about £1.5mil, youth products like Aarons & Cantwell - how do clubs not learn that spending £7/8mil on players at this level just isn't the way forward. You can forgive Brentford signing Toney as he's been not only a huge success, but they'd turned over god knows how much for Watkins & Benrahma. They spent £10mil on an injury prone Bielik. I mean honestly, what are they doing? I don't get how nobody within that club is saying how stupid that actually is. How can I see it yet the hierarchy there can't? Derby with sound recruitment could've been in the Premier League a while ago, but they've made a complete hash of it, and you wouldn't trust them at all to avoid defeat to Wednesday either.

It's crazy how wrong some of them have got it.

Archived