talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brexit Beaches

football forum

So it's UK holidays or trips to the Algarve this Summer, depending on your wage slip.

What'd you reckon are the best beaches? One rule for this thread that may get more.....no pebble beaches. None, no mediocre beaches, just nice sandy beaches. Yes Brightion is a nice day out and yes it's nice to be in the water but the actual beach is pants and the beach front smells like piss and beer.

Thinking of getting an Airbnb in Bournemouth for the weekend in July, head down to Sandbaks, always wanted to go there as it seems like one of the only beaches in the UK that looks and feels like a beach in an actual nice and hot country. Cromer is a nice getaway, got a nice cliff side that's very green and feels a bit tropical. Not managed to get down deep into Cornwall yet as it's normally massively expensive but want to go

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Bournemouth is somewhere I've wanted to go for a while. Meant to go with the missus and her family last summer but it was too close to lockdown easing and it was cancelled. 

Hunstanton (north coast of Norfolk) & Southwold (East coast of Suffolk) are meant to be very, very good. I have a lot of work colleagues who make the trip every August to Southwold and they rave about it. 

I've got Turkey booked :4_joy:

I will need to make a decision what destination to change it too by June 12th so I'm hoping Boris releases more green listed countries before that date so I can have a bit more of a selection. 

One things for certain it isn't going to be Turkey. 

24 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Cornwall’s got some great beaches. It’s just a million miles away from anything. 

I don’t mind the drive, about 5/6 hours is fine, it’s spending the money to go down there, in normal times you’re better off just going abroad.

18 hours ago, Stan said:

Bournemouth is somewhere I've wanted to go for a while. Meant to go with the missus and her family last summer but it was too close to lockdown easing and it was cancelled. 

Hunstanton (north coast of Norfolk) & Southwold (East coast of Suffolk) are meant to be very, very good. I have a lot of work colleagues who make the trip every August to Southwold and they rave about it. 

Missus went to Southwold and said it was really nice, Cromer is Norfolk as well. In normal times they have a parade/fair once a year which makes the town come alive. An end of the pier show too which I expected to be shit but was actually banging

18 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

The Gower Peninsula and Mumbles area just outside of Swansea is meant to be very nice, particularly Rhossili Bay beach. 

Think it was competing with some of the world's best at one point. 

Never thought the weather would be that great in Wales to go to the beach, but seen some pictures and it does look good

On 24/05/2021 at 19:56, Devil said:

I've got Turkey booked :4_joy:

I will need to make a decision what destination to change it too by June 12th so I'm hoping Boris releases more green listed countries before that date so I can have a bit more of a selection. 

One things for certain it isn't going to be Turkey. 

Where in Turkey? I've been to Turkey twice. The Turkish locals were one of the most hospitable people I've ever come across. Wouldn't mind visiting again once their dictator is gone. Make sure to enjoy an ice cold Efes! :drunk:

25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Where in Turkey? I've been to Turkey twice. The Turkish locals were one of the most hospitable people I've ever come across. Wouldn't mind visiting again once their dictator is gone. Make sure to enjoy an ice cold Efes! :drunk:

Oludeniz. 

Love an ice cold Efes.. 

12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I guess it's just my Australian privilege, but I googled Rhosili Bay Beach, Bournemouth and Cornwall beaches, fuck me they're not awful don't get me wrong but the nations best? Fuck that. 

Half our countries beaches look like this

11208224?type=responsive-gallery-fullscr

Make you feel like this

5a53d0c4ec1ade0e533fe907?width=700

Which is why it costs an arm and a leg to go to Cornwall for a beach like this (which is pretty much the standard for any beach in Sydney).

beach-at-porthcurno-saint-levan-cornwall

This is literally why there are white people in Australia

There are a few genuinely nice beaches in Scotland but they're in the middle of fucking nowhere. 

For example, some of the beaches up in Argyll or Sutherland are really beautiful - if you're willing to drive 5 hours each way and if you're lucky enough to turn up on one of the 5 days a year where it's warm enough to sit outside.

34 minutes ago, Inverted said:

There are a few genuinely nice beaches in Scotland but they're in the middle of fucking nowhere. 

For example, some of the beaches up in Argyll or Sutherland are really beautiful - if you're willing to drive 5 hours each way and if you're lucky enough to turn up on one of the 5 days a year where it's warm enough to sit outside.

When I've seen areas like that on tv in Scotland it reminds me of a New Zealand without the weather or dramatic landscape

Archived