talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Romelu Lukaku Returns to Chelsea

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Mourinho sold Lukaku, KDB and Salah. Then brought the shit one back.

In both cases it seemed a desperate move as no-one was decent was available.

I'm hoping with the Conte effect we are getting a better player than seen at Utd.

On Utd have been impressed with both Cavani and Bruno.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have signed him in 2017 when he went to United and we bought Morata instead. This is particularly a shame as Lukaku would have worked under Conte that year and we've just seen last season how well Lukaku has done working under the Italian. They have a decent relationship.

Anyway, you can't help but be a little annoyed at the fact that Lukaku was previously on our books and we've just splashed out nearly 100m on him to get him back and given his age, you'd imagine having little chance of a good resale value in the future as well. Not my money I guess and regardless I've always liked him simply because he's supposedly a big Chelsea fan and I'll get more behind him because of that.

33 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but we should have signed him in 2017 when he went to United and we bought Morata instead. This is particularly a shame as Lukaku would have worked under Conte that year and we've just seen last season how well Lukaku has done working under the Italian. They have a decent relationship.

Anyway, you can't help but be a little annoyed at the fact that Lukaku was previously on our books and we've just splashed out nearly 100m on him to get him back and given his age, you'd imagine having little chance of a good resale value in the future as well. Not my money I guess and regardless I've always liked him simply because he's supposedly a big Chelsea fan and I'll get more behind him because of that.

Buying Declan Rice would have been a million times worse.

Again, to those who are wondering how this is being funded. 

Moses £4.5m
Giroud £1.5m
Tomori £26m
Guehi £18m
Bate £1.5m
Simeu £1.5m
Livramento £5m
Ugbo £5m (TBC)
Abraham £34m (TBC)

Total £97m + Loan Fees

Lukaku fee £97.5m

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Fuckinell did they get lost? You tracked his flight from Milan to London on Monday xD

Nah some Youssef bloke on twitter tracked an private English charter jet leaving Milan assuming it was Lukaku. 

• The title was changed to Romelu Lukaku Returns to Chelsea
47 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given Chelsea's track record with marquee signings upfront I'm looking forward to seeing how they mess this one up.

You must be chuffed he won't be taking part at the weekend and with that extra,extra time we played yesterday... 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Too late... seems to have taken an age to get this over the line

Players can be registered up to 12pm the day before a game I thought. 

Archived