talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(Group B) - Denmark 0-1 Finland - Saturday 12th June, 2021

football forums

The longer it went, the more I thought I was going to see a man die on the pitch. BBC are going to have a lot of complaints over that broadcast. Showing the wife was the final straw. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, montybhopa said:

Heart issue or heat stroke. Don't forget its too hot in Denmark

Heat stroke would’ve led to a seizure. Don’t think it’s too hot in Copenhagen either. 

Heart issue for me. 

1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Hope this a wake up call to how many games are being slammed together back to back. It's all fun and games until someone fucking dies.

If anything, International tournaments should not be facing the brunt, how about cancelling the likes of League cups but I don't think Italy got that either.

1 minute ago, montybhopa said:

If anything, International tournaments should not be facing the brunt, how about cancelling the likes of League cups but I don't think Italy got that either.

Perhaps, not the time to decide which tournaments should go but there needs to be a change soon. It's just too much.

Just now, montybhopa said:

I don't think it was a cardiac arrest, you don't recover from it that quickly, it was either heat stroke or sth like that.

No offense, but why speculate? It's none our business.

Just enjoy the fact that he appears to be in stable condition.

First and foremost, I'm glad that he appears to be alive and well.

I can't really add more than what everybody else has already said regarding the BBC coverage and I'm certainly not experienced enough in the medical field to make assumptions on the cause of his collapse. What I can say however is that his team mates, the medical team and the match officials deserve a heap of credit to how they reacted to the situation. From Kjaer and his other team mate ensuring he wasn't going to swallow his tongue, to how quickly the medical team reacted, and to how his team mates shielded him from that penis of a cameraman and consoled his wife. Everybody on that pitch played a role in ensuring that this hasn't become one of the most horrific football matches of all time.

10 minutes ago, Eco said:

They need to postpone the Belgium/Russia match.

Where does it stop though? Should England get off tomorrow because he played at Spurs for years and he’s good mates with Kane?

I’m just playing devils advocate. 

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Where does it stop though? Should England get off tomorrow because he played at Spurs for years and he’s good mates with Kane?

I’m just playing devils advocate. 

IF he took a turn for the worst, tonight? Maybe.

But you talking about 60 ish minutes before a match, which is much different than an overnight response.

18 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Hope this a wake up call to how many games are being slammed together back to back. It's all fun and games until someone fucking dies.

Not sure that’s the reason tbh. These lads have pretty much the best healthcare systems in the world behind them, receive private medicals, treatment, physios, check ups etc. It’s something that just hasn’t been picked up I’d imagine. 

1 minute ago, Eco said:

IF he took a turn for the worst, tonight? Maybe.

But you talking about 60 ish minutes before a match, which is much different than an overnight response.

Whilst I agree it’s a massive shock, they’re not going to give a shit about a team mate from an entirely different country. He won’t even be considered. 

Archived