• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

André Silva Joins RB Leipzig

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rick said:

Transfermrket saying it was only 20m…surely not??

Yes, reports say that RB Leipzig have paid Frankfurt a 23 million euros(which is about £20 million) for the transfer fee, however, performance bonuses could see the transfer fee rise to 30 million euros.

Either way, the transfer fee is still way below his actual transfer valuation in today's market. RB Leipzig have got a bit of a bargain here to be honest.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Yes, reports say that RB Leipzig have paid Frankfurt a 23 million euros(which is about £20 million) for the transfer fee, however, performance bonuses could see the transfer fee rise to 30 million euros.

Either way, the transfer fee is still way below his actual transfer valuation in today's market. RB Leipzig have got a bit of a bargain here to be honest.

I don't get this. 

Why get so little from a key player, especially to a team IN YOUR LEAGUE? 

This just doesn't compute in my simple brain.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Eco said:

I don't get this. 

To put it in perspective, Dortmund's jaws hit the floor when they realised United were still willing to pay in excess of £70m for a player during a time of reduced income from COVID. Few clubs will be spending much. 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

To put it in perspective, Dortmund's jaws hit the floor when they realised United were still willing to pay in excess of £70m for a player during a time of reduced income from COVID. Few clubs will be spending much. 

Then why sell? 

3 minutes ago, Batard said:

German football is financially prudent. 

I understand. But Frankfurt were 1 point away from a CL spot, and are in the Europa League. 

So they have money coming in to the point where I doubt they needed to sell. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Eco said:

I understand. But Frankfurt were 1 point away from a CL spot, and are in the Europa League. 

So they have money coming in to the point where I doubt they needed to sell. 

Some clubs are selling clubs. Also, maybe he wanted the move?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Eco said:

I don't get this. 

8 minutes ago, Batard said:

German football is financially prudent. 

2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Its certainly peculiar if that fee is true. Theres no way that amount of money has anywhere near the same impact for them then as Silva would.

The reason is simple - there was a certain option in Silva's contract that made this transfer possible. Frankfurt didn't have to sell, nor did they want to - they simply had no choice. 

Just now, Batard said:

Some clubs are selling clubs. Also, maybe he wanted the move?

Certainly he could have asked for it...but their are betters place than f*ing RB

• Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

The reason is simple - there was a certain option in Silva's contract that made this transfer possible. Frankfurt didn't have to sell, nor did they want to - they simply had no choice. 

Ah that explains it then.

Just now, nudge said:

Can you explain? 

Was it similar to Max's that says if RB don't get him to the top he can walk away? 

• Administrator
Just now, nudge said:

Well if that's not dog shit to the knees for Frankfurt I don't know what is. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Eco said:

Can you explain? 

Was it similar to Max's that says if RB don't get him to the top he can walk away? 

No details were given, but Krösche confirmed that Silva used a clause in his contract to make this transfer happen. It's probably somewhat complicated, considering the reports that RB actually paid around 35m for him, with Frankfurt keeping 23m and the rest of it going to Silva and his agents. This was apparently part of the Silva-Rebic swap deal back then, when the player and the agency agreed to make it happen with little compensation in exchange for higher share of the future deal (a sell-on clause of sorts). 

5 hours ago, Rick said:

Losing your 28 goal scoring main striker for 20m to a team just above you is tragic, though. Frankfurt should have demanded much more, even in these times. 

At least Frankfurt got Rafael Santos Borre as a free replacement. :ph34r:

Archived