talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Dutch GP - 3-5th September

football forum

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah, have there been any elite Dutch drivers since Max? 

I feel like the Dutch are like this at all major sporting events. Hell, their crowds for indoor speed skating are insane. 😂

Not really.

Arie Luijendijk was the best Dutch racing driver before Max's time, but he drove in IndyCar.

Yeah, very passionate fans, love it 😂

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nudge said:

Not really.

Arie Luijendijk was the best Dutch racing driver before Max's time, but he drove in IndyCar.

Yeah, very passionate fans, love it 😂

Yeah, that question was answered by the announcers who said Max will be interview by the 2nd most successful (or maybe they said popular) F1 Dutch driver. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 10.32.49 AM.png

So yeah, that's a hard 'no' on successful Dutch drivers if this is really the 2nd greatest ever. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Yeah, that question was answered by the announcers who said Max will be interview by the 2nd most successful (or maybe they said popular) F1 Dutch driver. 

Screen Shot 2021-09-04 at 10.32.49 AM.png

So yeah, that's a hard 'no' on successful Dutch drivers if this is really the 2nd greatest ever. 

Max's dad was a solid driver; nothing exceptional, but decent. Over a hundred starts in F1.

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

If it can be such a good lap from Lewis surely the same praise can be afforded to Max? 

Are you okay or have I upset you or something? Very quick to jump on me recently xD  My comment wasn't that deep. 

As I said Max has been head and shoulders above in a much better car. Never expected Lewis to get so close to him.

Still, very happy that this rivalry is evolving into what it is. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I can't believe you don't remember. You've not even said sorry. 

LY x

See even Toto just said Lewis outperformed the car. Bang out of order for not praising Max. 

Also, I may enjoy acting up to the fanboy label that some German cunt has given me. :ph34r:

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, nudge said:

This circuit is easily the best "new" addition in recent years by far. Overtaking might be hard during the race, but man, is it beautiful and exciting! The flow is completely unreal... 

It does seem like one of those tracks where you never know what could happen from one lap to the next. Several races/tracks can just be processions unless something utterly bizarre or random happens, but with this track it just has that feel where you're on tenterhooks waiting for a mistake to be punished. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, nudge said:

Max had an upshift issue and a small issue with the DRS not opening fully on his last quali lap, should be around 0.25s he lost there because of it. 

What a lap he did in spite of this!! 

• Subscriber

Perez out in Q1 while Gasly qualified P4 having been a miserable failure at Red Bull. It beggars belief really that there are still people out there who think Albon should be judged on his time at Red Bull. Perez has had about two races this year where he's been vaguely competitive with Max and he's a quality, experienced driver. It's not just that Verstappen is one of the best drivers but that their car is clearly built around his very unique driving style. That second seat is a Real conundrum for them. Perhaps we'll see things a bit different with the new regulations.

26 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Perez out in Q1 while Gasly qualified P4 having been a miserable failure at Red Bull. It beggars belief really that there are still people out there who think Albon should be judged on his time at Red Bull. Perez has had about two races this year where he's been vaguely competitive with Max and he's a quality, experienced driver. It's not just that Verstappen is one of the best drivers but that their car is clearly built around his very unique driving style. That second seat is a Real conundrum for them. Perhaps we'll see things a bit different with the new regulations.

Read that Perez is only there due to his commercial influence? Not saying it's true but is what I've read.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Plus Albon would have had two podiums more if Lewis hadn't punted him. :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived