talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Dutch GP - 3-5th September

football forum

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Shame that Lewis got the fastest lap in the end. Bottas ignoring the engineers plea to abort the fastest lap made me laugh. xD

Yeah, I even a gif ready in case Lewis didn't get it

See below - 

743c08a53525c2396dfaffdf961a7b6f.gif

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

What was the point of that fastest lap switch at the end from Mercedes? xD Yeah well done Bottas… lasted for a whole lap. 9_9.

Brilliant from Red Bull and fully in control. 

What a shit racetrack that is. Hopefully we see more good racing between Lewis and Max on better tracks.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Shame that Lewis got the fastest lap in the end. Bottas ignoring the engineers plea to abort the fastest lap made me laugh. xD

That was the official confirmation that he's leaving Mercedes after the season xD

• Subscriber
Just now, JoshBRFC said:

What a shit racetrack that is. Hopefully we see more good racing between Lewis and Max on better tracks.

To be fair that's a pretty standard race for an uneventful weekend. Fastest cars qualified in the top positions and stayed there. It can happen even on the "best" circuits. Come back next year you might get three safety cars and someone winning from 12th on the grid. Wouldn't judge it based on one year.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

To be fair that's a pretty standard race for an uneventful weekend. Fastest cars qualified in the top positions and stayed there. It can happen even on the "best" circuits. Come back next year you might get three safety cars and someone winning from 12th on the grid. Wouldn't judge it based on one year.

I honestly expected at least 2-3 big crashes after every session was red flagged beforehand. 

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

What was the point of that fastest lap switch at the end from Mercedes? xD Yeah well done Bottas… lasted for a whole lap. 9_9.

Brilliant from Red Bull and fully in control. 

Oh geez...you can't believe all the crap you say. 

Lewis has won a few Championships with little to no competition, but now that it's not your guy winning by 30+ seconds, you are now bored? 

😂

Just now, nudge said:

The circuit is great, absolutely exciting to watch, even without many overtakes. 

It's like a rollercoaster. Love that corner in which Seb spun today. It looks absolutely breathaking from the onboards. 

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think anyone expected this to be with just one brief yellow flag and that's it. 

Great circuit, just happened to be without any crashes, but really a great circuit. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

Oh geez...you can't believe all the crap you say. 

Lewis has won a few Championships with little to no competition, but now that it's not your guy winning by 30+ seconds, you are now bored? 

😂

Pardon?

It’s genuinely absolutely got nothing to do with who won. It’s just my opinion of a track, same way I don’t like Monaco.

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

It's like a rollercoaster. Love that corner in which Seb spun today. It looks absolutely breathaking from the onboards. 

It's the speed and the flow that captivates me, then those banked corners of varying camber, elevation changes and different racing lines; so beautiful and exciting to watch.

A rollercoaster is a great analogy, by the way! :D

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Pardon?

It’s genuinely absolutely got nothing to do with who won. It’s just my opinion of a track, same way I don’t like Monaco.

I have never heard you say it's a 'shit racetrack' when Lewis was winning by 30 seconds is my point. 

Monaco is nostalgic, but not the best for racing. 

This was a brilliant course which showed in all the Practice Sessions and Qualis, it just happened to be clean today. 

Not many tracks do you see so much passing on the outside of a turn, but that was key here, and it added something that we rarely see. 

You even saw some drivers go low to block, before being shot by through a driver on the outside. Adds a new dynamic that isn't so common. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Eco said:

I have never heard you say it's a 'shit racetrack' when Lewis was winning by 30 seconds is my point. 

Monaco is nostalgic, but not the best for racing. 

This was a brilliant course which showed in all the Practice Sessions and Qualis, it just happened to be clean today. 

You’re talking absolute bollocks, what the hell are you going on about? You’re out of order for that original post about me. Just because you hate someone and I like them, that’s all you saw and jumped to a wrong assumption and insulted me.

My opinion had nothing to do with the drivers. I have not enjoyed plenty of Hamilton’s precession victory’s. Again, another incorrect assumption.

• Subscriber

This is classic Internet right here. One person starts an argument about something that the other person never said at all and then others that have an agenda that the argument can be framed around are rushing to join in. Now we'll have a page of pro-Lewis this, anti-Lewis that. Just pack it in and save us the headache this once? Nobody actually mentioned whether they love or hate either of the title protagonists on this occasion yet every race thread has to end up being partially consumed by it. Can't be arsed lads.

3 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

You’re talking absolute bollocks, what the hell are you going on about? You’re out of order for that original post about me. Just because you hate someone and I like them, that’s all you saw and jumped to a wrong assumption and insulted me.

My opinion had nothing to do with the drivers. I have not enjoyed plenty of Hamilton’s precession victory’s. Again, another incorrect assumption.

I didn't attack you mate. Just said that surely you can see the difference between how you feel about a track based on the winner. 

And for the record, I most definitely don't hate Lewis. Far from it. Does his moaning bother me? Sure! But I feel the same with Max, Horner, and everyone else. In fact, one thing I think Lewis does better than anyone, is being respectful of the track and fans, and when he isn't the winner, he does a good job complimenting the winner and not acting like a child. Now, I don't know if he's always been this way, as I'm about 4 years in my F1 watching, but he certainly does great in that regard. Plus, hell, he cannot ever be count out of a race. The man finds pace where others can't...The man is likely the greatest driver I'll ever see. So get off you anti-Lewis agenda mate. You barking up the wrong tree. 

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This is classic Internet right here. One person starts an argument about something that the other person never said at all and then others that have an agenda that the argument can be framed around are rushing to join in. Now we'll have a page of pro-Lewis this, anti-Lewis that. Just pack it in and save us the headache this once? Nobody actually mentioned whether they love or hate either of the title protagonists on this occasion yet every race thread has to end up being partially consumed by it. Can't be arsed lads.

Fair enough and I'll stop it on my end. 

I'm certainly not anti-Lewis, just trying to talk about this circuit based on the entire weekend and not just on the race. This circuit was brilliant all weekend, and did have a bit of a bore to it today, but it was significantly cleaner race than we expected and that allowed for the massive gaps. With that being said, we still had drivers like Checo gain 10 spots, and had good battle in the midfield with Russell, Lando, Alonso, Checo, and Ocon. 

There are some circuits I don't like much, but this one I found very entertaining all weekend, and the fans certainly added to that as their is just something different about Dutch fans AND having home races for current drivers. 

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wow, Dutch fans don't do things in half measures! 

That row of cannons along the straight to end with Max was very well done. 

I was saying this earlier, but Dutch fans seem to show up in droves to all sporting events. Maybe it's their orange that sticks out, but whether it's women's soccer, speed skating, or F1, they are truly a unique breed. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived