talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group I Matchday 4-6 - (2-8th September, 2021)

football forum

2 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Keeper should have done better there but good to see Lingard playing well and grab his second.

Ha ha hes actually only 5,11. To be fair I think alot of keepers at his level wouldn't save it 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor performance but at least we are surprised rather than expecting it. We use to have bad performances as the norm so at least  we are getting less of them. 

3 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

The Kane era has been much more satisfying than the Rooney era & for me that's in some part because of the different characters.

And I think some fans & pundits are only just starting to realise there's not too much stellar opposition right now.

Do you, or English fans in general, prefer Kane over Rooney (in their prime)? 

9 minutes ago, Eco said:

Do you, or English fans in general, prefer Kane over Rooney (in their prime)? 

Well Rooney won all the time. At club level. When he burst on the scene he looked very exciting. I've only just now started to appreciate Harry Kane in an England shirt. But Rooney quickly became an angsty little man with an attitude. Or perhaps just a really, really bad loser. Like a certain portion of England fans.

During my life as a supporter.. I've seen Lineker & others help us to a World Cup semi final. Shearer & others get very close against a good German side in a Euro's semi. Now Kane & these guys help us to 2 semi finals.

The dip was very much when Rooney was stamping on people & not scoring goals at big tournaments.

I'd suspect I'm not representative though. Rooney won more at club level. Most tend to be more about clubs & club trophies. And they'd likely blame the lack of suitable quality around Rooney. But for what it's worth, I think they're wrong & missing something.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Pointless bringing Kane on in this kind of game. Just let Bamford play it out. 

He needed to find a way to get a few more goals. There would have been a lot of negativity if we only won 1.0. I can understand it to be fair 

On 04/09/2021 at 23:08, The Premier Steve's said:

Yet it's not every time. 

It wasn't Denmark. It wasn't Germany. Even for Italy it took pens, a lottery that can go either way. There's plenty of examples between the tournaments as well.

The whitewashing of the Germany win, a team who lost to the world champions but dominated the game and beat the European champions scoring 4 in the group stage makes no sense. They are clearly in that group England apparently lose to every time.

Germany couldn't beat Hungary, couldn't beat England, couldn't beat france, couldn't beat mexico, couldn't beat south Korea. Only beat Portugal in 7 tournament games. You're off your head. 

Sterling dived in extra time to beat Denmark. What a winxD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived