talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Anti-aging, Longevity & Immortality

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil said:

How much are we slowing down the aging process here, are we saying at 60 we'd still physically be in the condition of someone in their later 30's/40's

Yes, that's the whole idea. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

Yes, that's the whole idea. 

I'd imagine people would prolong the period of the so called single life.

Imagine just settling down to have children at 40 years of age!!!

You'd be on a date and you'd be both like, done that, been there, tried that.

20 hours ago, nudge said:

https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/09/04/1034364/altos-labs-silicon-valleys-jeff-bezos-milner-bet-living-forever/

https://futurism.com/the-byte/altos-labs-wealthy-investors

Thought this is quite a creepy and interesting topic. A bunch of billionaires investing into a biotech startup with a goal to reverse aging and prolong the lifespan of humans. Not the first one with such ideas either; there's a Google spin-off company called Calico Labs which is already working on that and are already publishing first research papers, as well as several others investing into the field. 

Thoughts?

Think i will just stick with fasting :ph34r::4_joy: ..interesting though 👍

• 4 months later...

I think it's far more likely (and probably beneficial) that they will find ways of reducing visual aging. I don't see how you're gonna get around things like osteoporosis, arthritis, cancer ect that will still ruin your body and make your stupid 120 year old ass wish you were dead. But, if they had a treatment to make you look 30-40 until you were 60-70, i'd take that shit. 

43 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think it's far more likely (and probably beneficial) that they will find ways of reducing visual aging. I don't see how you're gonna get around things like osteoporosis, arthritis, cancer ect that will still ruin your body and make your stupid 120 year old ass wish you were dead. But, if they had a treatment to make you look 30-40 until you were 60-70, i'd take that shit. 

What if they have that treatment, but as soon as you hit 71 you look older than fucking Gandalf?

• Subscriber

Once again, the primary aim of research in those fields is not to simply increase human lifespan, but to make people stay healthy longer by delaying/slowing/reversing certain processes behind age-related degenerative and autoimmune diseases as well as certain cancers. Think DNA repair, gene therapy, stem cell therapies, rejuvenation, regenerative medicine, etc. It's a somewhat young and also quite controversial area of research, but some of it is extremely fascinating (while some is overly optimistic, sci-fi level stuff, which is equally fascinating).

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Who's Ted Williams?

And why did he only freeze his head and not his whole body?

Former baseball player for the Red Sox.  They froze his body after he died so that he could be brought back in the future.  It may only be urban legend but supposedly his body and head were stored separately.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Williams#Death

• 11 months later...
  • Subscriber

This is a very fascinating article reporting on the latest study by David Sinclair and his team, where they demonstrate how the aging process can be reversed (and accelerated) successfully in mice. Really groundbreaking work and that article is a great read, highly recommended. The Information Theory of Aging is extremely interesting in itself, and it's very cool to see such new science ideas being tested out.

Here's the link to the original paper that dropped yesterday: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867422015707?dgcid=author

And here some more info and answers from the leading author himself:

On 13/01/2023 at 13:15, nudge said:

This is a very fascinating article reporting on the latest study by David Sinclair and his team, where they demonstrate how the aging process can be reversed (and accelerated) successfully in mice. Really groundbreaking work and that article is a great read, highly recommended. The Information Theory of Aging is extremely interesting in itself, and it's very cool to see such new science ideas being tested out.

Here's the link to the original paper that dropped yesterday: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0092867422015707?dgcid=author

And here some more info and answers from the leading author himself:

Just seen an article on this and come in here to post about it only for you to be one step ahead again.. :ph34r: I was going to ask you to check it out to see if there was any truth in it because I didn't want to look like a tit down the chemist when asking for it over the counter.. B|

It's Happening: Scientists Can Now Reverse DNA Ageing in Mice : ScienceAlert

Its Happening GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just seen an article on this and come in here to post about it only for you to be one step ahead again.. :ph34r: I was going to ask you to check it out to see if there was any truth in it because I didn't want to look like a tit down the chemist when asking for it over the counter.. B|

It's Happening: Scientists Can Now Reverse DNA Ageing in Mice : ScienceAlert

Its Happening GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

They better hurry up with it, I don't want to be a part of the last generation to die of old age right before the super anti-aging pill becomes available xD 

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

They better hurry up with it, I don't want to be a part of the last generation to die of old age right before the super anti-aging pill becomes available xD 

They need to be sure before letting it out on the market... we don't want any Benjamin Button type side effects... xD

Archived