talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

On 14/03/2019 at 13:09, Eco said:

What happened to SB? 

I talked to him on FB about 2 months ago and he told me it had to do with disagreements with certain views of the forum. I'm sure he'll be back but I'm not sure how soon.

Remember when I said I am going back to Canada this year? Well about 2 months ago I changed my mind and decided to stay here, but the offer is still intact and I could still go back. The thing is, if I go back for some time I could improve my 3D skills which I am working very hard on as of late, and it also allows travel a lot easier.

The thing that's really putting me off though is that it is a car country, and I have no interest in driving. Public transport in suburban areas is terrible. So if I move back, it wouldn't be with my family but rather in a centralized area.

I am thinking about it again.

Edited by Guest

Just had a goodbye drink for one of my team that has been with the company for 9 odd years... first time I have lost someone from the Despatch set up in 5 years.. been a solid team, really bright young lad, gone to work for McLaren so wish him the very best of luck... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Just had a goodbye drink for one of my team that has been with the company for 9 odd years... first time I have lost someone from the Despatch set up in 5 years.. been a solid team, really bright young lad, gone to work for McLaren so wish him the very best of luck... 

Reading this I thought someone died at first :3_grin: Glad it turned out to be a career change instead :7_sweat_smile:

• Haha 1

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The positive being at least you can say you've done your bit to get him a job at McLaren! No doubt you've had some say in his progress in 5 years?!

Just now, nudge said:

Reading this I thought someone died at first :3_grin: Glad it turned out to be a career change instead :7_sweat_smile:

xD

It probably felt like that for one of my team... 2 of them were as thick as thieves, always together all the time, they went on holiday together with their other halves the lot... we sent them 'dealing with a break up' stuff off the internet.. been a good crack to be honest, he will be missed

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

xD

It probably felt like that for one of my team... 2 of them were as thick as thieves, always together all the time, they went on holiday together with their other halves the lot... we sent them 'dealing with a break up' stuff off the internet.. been a good crack to be honest, he will be missed

Can surely relate to that... Some of the best people I met were my colleagues at some point; have gotten much closer to them than I expected to and we still keep in touch years later. I'm going to attend the wedding of one of them late this summer, should be great fun.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

The positive being at least you can say you've done your bit to get him a job at McLaren! No doubt you've had some say in his progress in 5 years?!

He was a bit rough round the edges when I first came on board and he did thank me tonight for everything I had done for him but to be honest sometimes good people just need nudging in the right direction, the ability to be better is something they already possess and it's just nice if they realize that... He was just as helpful to me with all his experience when I first arrived as I was for him.. as I said, will be missed

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Can surely relate to that... Some of the best people I met were my colleagues at some point; have gotten much closer to them than I expected to and we still keep in touch years later. I'm going to attend the wedding of one of them late this summer, should be great fun.

Yea it's good when that happens... rather than it just being a job you form close bonds with people that go beyond the work aspect and get to enjoy similar interests outside of the job... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

He was a bit rough round the edges when I first came on board and he did thank me tonight for everything I had done for him but to be honest sometimes good people just need nudging in the right direction, the ability to be better is something they already possess and it's just nice if they realize that... He was just as helpful to me with all his experience when I first arrived as I was for him.. as I said, will be missed

You sound like a great boss/superior/whatever. It can make such a big difference.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Sounds like you're a good manager to have.

Some managers don't like to see their own employees progress because they don't want to lose them and I find that incredibly selfish and downright ignorant, really. 

Good to know you're not like that and he sounds a good employee as you are a good boss :) 

9 minutes ago, nudge said:

You sound like a great boss/superior/whatever. It can make such a big difference.

Thank you.. I would like to think so, You will never be everyone's cup of tea and there is nothing worse than never getting through to someone who holds themselves back because they have a bit of a bad attitude towards work etc never thinking about the future.. but when you get the odd one that does respond it makes it all worthwhile for me... hopefully they will go on to pass that on down the line to someone else as time passes.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sounds like you're a good manager to have.

Some managers don't like to see their own employees progress because they don't want to lose them and I find that incredibly selfish and downright ignorant, really. 

Good to know you're not like that and he sounds a good employee as you are a good boss :) 

Cheers mate...  I have seen those tactics employed by some in my time to be honest, it achieves nothing in the long run and as you say it's a selfish attitude to take and just holds people back... All things change with time and no matter how much you might miss someones input to the team you have to admire someone who seeks to better themselves... he was gutted today, the sudden realization that he was leaving a job where he has built up some good friendships hits home a bit in the final goodbyes.. The new site Director was good enough to come shake his hand this morning and wish him luck which meant a lot to him, he is a decent people person, he was the only Director that came round to all the staff on the shop floor and wish each person a merry xmas in person last year.. quality that!

• Subscriber

You sound like an old manager I worked under @Bluewolf when I was a security supervisor, I got on well with him and when the company that was running or caretaker of the building a vacancy came up to join them under a building manager position he plummed for me to get the job with his bosses above and I did get the job.

It was great as I had spent 8 years in the building doing security work with 3 split shifts of 12 hours, 5 days a week, Morning/Afternoon & Nightshifts on a rotation basis and it was great in the sense of no shift work just 9 hours Mon/Friday Sat and Sunday routine, suit and tye job and I loved it, I called him Chief as he was ex-army like myself and when he retired I ended up running the building with another guy as manager.

11 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

You sound like an old manager I worked under @Bluewolf when I was a security supervisor, I got on well with him and when the company that was running or caretaker of the building a vacancy came up to join them under a building manager position he plummed for me to get the job with his bosses above and I did get the job.

It was great as I had spent 8 years in the building doing security work with 3 split shifts of 12 hours, 5 days a week, Morning/Afternoon & Nightshifts on a rotation basis and it was great in the sense of no shift work just 9 hours Mon/Friday Sat and Sunday routine, suit and tye job and I loved it, I called him Chief as he was ex-army like myself and when he retired I ended up running the building with another guy as manager.

It's good when you work for someone who can get the balance between people and the job right... call it luck if you like but I have been fortunate enough to have worked under, and alongside some very good, clever and motivated people in my working life that taught me a lot in my younger years.. 

A long time ago in my very early youth I took a job as a lathe turner for a small shot blasting firm for a while, the money was pretty shit but kept me working for a bit and me and this other older bloke who had been there a few years used to have to go into Kingston every now and then to pick up tool parts and he always insisted on stopping at the pub on the way back for an hour or so.. He always got me a couple of pints even though I was pretty skint and I asked him why he kept on buying me drinks when I could never afford to buy him any back and he told me that one day I might be in a position where them roles were reversed and it would be me with the money and hoped that I would do the same for someone else if the opportunity arose... carried that with me all of my working life 

• Upvote 1