talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Reading about the Australian election and inparticular immigration. Some of the parties state that Australia is built on multi-culturalism and that it's a multi-culture society...since when? Australia for most of it's colonial history has been overwhelmingly British, English in particular. That is an outright lie told by the parties. They also talk about how assimilation is easy and how different cultures can be Australian and whatever their original culture is. Maybe for some people, but for myself as an immigrant I don't want to be culturally American. I am a productive member of society but I outright refuse to acknowledge Americanisms as my culture; and I'm sure a lot of immigrants from all over the world feel the same, they embrace a new home but refuse to adopt it entirely. Only until several generations later does assimilation occur.

How would these fatcat politicians know what it feels like to be an immigrant anyway? They don't. I can't imagine their interactions in Canberra and Sydney are that multicultural either, between themselves and other middle-aged Anglo politicians. So full of shit.

12 hours ago, Spike said:

Reading about the Australian election and inparticular immigration. Some of the parties state that Australia is built on multi-culturalism and that it's a multi-culture society...since when? Australia for most of it's colonial history has been overwhelmingly British, English in particular. That is an outright lie told by the parties. They also talk about how assimilation is easy and how different cultures can be Australian and whatever their original culture is. Maybe for some people, but for myself as an immigrant I don't want to be culturally American. I am a productive member of society but I outright refuse to acknowledge Americanisms as my culture; and I'm sure a lot of immigrants from all over the world feel the same, they embrace a new home but refuse to adopt it entirely. Only until several generations later does assimilation occur.

How would these fatcat politicians know what it feels like to be an immigrant anyway? They don't. I can't imagine their interactions in Canberra and Sydney are that multicultural either, between themselves and other middle-aged Anglo politicians. So full of shit.

Do you get these random meltdowns often ?

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

@nudge, any comments, what would you have done?  :whistling:   

I can't help but saying she looks like Rodney in Only Fools and Horses  xD

download.png.6fb06e2af5666b2c18569487f8a007b6.png  

Well for starters would not have gotten a cheap microblading treatment in the first place xD 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Shoutout to @nudge for recommending that Ventusky weather app a month or 2 ago. Has seriously helped with planning whenever I have to travel for work or just out with family/friends xD 

Glad to hear it works for you too! I rarely pay for apps but I got that one without hesitation as I tried many and Ventusky are the only ones who get the forecast and the actual weather conditions right in my neck of woods. Very detailed as well.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Glad to hear it works for you too! I rarely pay for apps but I got that one without hesitation as I tried many and Ventusky are the only ones who get the forecast and the actual weather conditions right in my neck of woods. Very detailed as well.

Yeah, they've got it right pretty much any time I've had to look in to the forecast a few days away. More than the likes of BBC or even Met Office who could only be quite broad about it. 

Ventusky are very precise as well, not just when it comes to temperature and wind conditions. All the other stuff seems bang on.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

You paid for a weather app? That's insane. The Weather Channel is HQ in Atlanta and they typically are spot on here.

Try to find accurate weather information for an irrelevant village in SE Asia and you'll change your mind xD This comes very handy during rainy season... and especially when it comes to finding out if a big tropical storm is heading your way. Need to get that lifeboat prepared and ready on time xD 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Stan said:

Shoutout to @nudge for recommending that Ventusky weather app a month or 2 ago. Has seriously helped with planning whenever I have to travel for work or just out with family/friends xD 

You live in the UK Stan... you only need to look out the window to know what the weather is going to be like, if it's cold or raining take a jacket.. 

6 hours ago, nudge said:

Try to find accurate weather information for an irrelevant village in SE Asia and you'll change your mind xD This comes very handy during rainy season... and especially when it comes to finding out if a big tropical storm is heading your way. Need to get that lifeboat prepared and ready on time xD 

Here however it probably would be good... 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

You live in the UK Stan... you only need to look out the window to know what the weather is going to be like, if it's cold or raining take a jacket.. 

UK weather is some of the most unpredictable

1 hour ago, Stan said:

UK weather is some of the most unpredictable

That's true.. the other day we had rain in the morning, then the sun came out, had a brief downpour of hailstones for about 10 minutes then it all turned cold.. only in the UK, having said that it's not tropical/hurricane type conditions is it?? I would only use the weather forecast if I plan on being off on holiday for a week and planned to do something outdoors... 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

That's true.. the other day we had rain in the morning, then the sun came out, had a brief downpour of hailstones for about 10 minutes then it all turned cold.. only in the UK, having said that it's not tropical/hurricane type conditions is it?? I would only use the weather forecast if I plan on being off on holiday for a week and planned to do something outdoors... 

Doesn't have to be a hurricane to want to check the weather xD 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Doesn't have to be a hurricane to want to check the weather xD 

I don't normally bother... I like the mystery and guessing what the weather might be like based on what it was like today.. sometimes being pleasantly surprised by a sunny day when I was expecting it to be overcast.. 

Took today off from work to rest. I don't think I've had true time to myself for 8+ hours since having a kid (18 months). Plan on going for a run, showering, spending a couple of hours in my hammock reading, and just relaxing. Only plans today are my interview at 2pm, and the HSV match today. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

New job interview @Eco? Good luck!

Yeah - My current role has become very stagnant, and this new one would be a lot of things I want. Work from home, travel opportunities, much better pay, and the chance to move internationally, which is something wife and I have discussed at great lengths. 

• Upvote 1