talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 4-0 Arsenal - Saturday 20th November, 2021

football forums

That lot moved to the Premier League at a relatively young age. Thiago is 30. 

Thiago is strange in the sense that it seems he lost his "muscle memory" overnight. He can't dribble or distribute the ball in the same manner he did at Bayern. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

That lot moved to the Premier League at a relatively young age. Thiago is 30. 

Thiago is strange in the sense that it seems he lost his "muscle memory" overnight. He can't dribble or distribute the ball in the same manner he did at Bayern. 

There's some games where he doesn't miss a pass and every touch he gets of the ball is super silky, tbf. There's other games where it seems like he can't even complete the simplest of passes. Strange player tbh.

I'd fancy Arsenal here if it wasn't for the break. The break probably does a reset to the players' confidence and momentum which is good for the team that is better in paper.

Arsenal usually find the net in Anfield. Looked it up and have done so in 23 of their last 25 visits there.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, shut up said:

I think we can add Thiago to the very long list of players that looked great in the Bundesliga but werent quite good enough for the Premier League 

Add him to the very long list of players you are completely clueless about and where instrumental in winning a champions league. 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Machado said:

Arsenal usually find the net in Anfield. Looked it up and have done so in 23 of their last 25 visits there.

The amount of goals generally when these 2 sides play is ridiculous

I think liverpool will win 3.1. I think liverpool will get in the champions league so I'd expect them to beat a team who I dont think will. Hopefully we show enough to show we have improved this season. We have been outclassed in all our recent visits to Anfield. I don't think getting beat by 3 or 4 means we haven't improved. Even title winning sides get hammered sometimes. But it would be bad for confidence. 

17 hours ago, shut up said:

Dzeko wasn't half as good in the premier league as he was in the Bundesliga. Pretty underwhelming actually. Look at that drop off

Screenshot_20211119-233551_Chrome.jpg

Yeah if you only judge a player on stats it’s a big drop off. He was a pretty brilliant link up player as well with a good goal return in England, so I don’t think the stats tell the whole story.

I also think it’s no secret our league is probably a bit tougher. But if the Bundesliga is so shite, how come whenever Bayern Munich come to North London they make Spurs and Arsenal look like championship sides?

56 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah if you only judge a player on stats it’s a big drop off. He was a pretty brilliant link up player as well with a good goal return in England, so I don’t think the stats tell the whole story.

I also think it’s no secret our league is probably a bit tougher. But if the Bundesliga is so shite, how come whenever Bayern Munich come to North London they make Spurs and Arsenal look like championship sides?

Because Bayern Munich are the only decent team in Germany.. who hoover up all the best players in Germany. 

Archived