• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester - Sunday 5th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Turns out it's the correct decision by the letter of the law, taken from Twitter 

F9327B1E-32AA-4EDC-B259-435982CF2276.thumb.jpeg.857276cec60e648f7385da73ccad8046.jpeg

Still glosses over some very shoddy defending. Seems to be the norm these days sadly. Playing well otherwise and based on the chances reckon we should be ahead. 

It actually says except if it rebounds which it did, Kasper is just a C word like his father before him. They’re notoriously horrible people behind the scenes

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Wasn’t aware of that rule for the disallowed goal because it doesn’t really come up much but it appears, most weren’t. 

By current football standards, Rodgers can’t be in a job for too much longer given their results since about September. 

It's far too inconsistent for our ambitions and angering how frequently we concede the same type of goals. Get a free-kick around our box or corner and you have the best chance of scoring against us. It's pathetic, really.

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 2-1 Leicester - Sunday 5th December, 2021
1 minute ago, Stan said:

It's far too inconsistent for our ambitions and angering how frequently we concede the same type of goals. Get a free-kick around our box or corner and you have the best chance of scoring against us. It's pathetic, really.

Like Smith at Villa, I personally think he’s owed time due to the successes there and the injuries this season, especially to the defenders but it’s football, so he’ll be out by the end of January at this rate. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

Like Smith at Villa, I personally think he’s owed time due to the successes there and the injuries this season, especially to the defenders but it’s football, so he’ll be out by the end of January at this rate. 

I think if we don't qualify for EL knockouts on Thursday he's gone. 

Also think he's owed time but our performances and inconsistency has been showing for several months. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, shut up said:

Who would you like to bring in? What about the guy who won the title with Lille?

He went to Nice.

I don't actually want Rodgers sacked by the way.

IF he was, it'd be Amorim from Sporting Lisbon. 

@Stan I dont personally think Rodgers should be sacked. Leicester have probably over achieved under Rodgers. Personally I think he needs to be given time to see if he is past his sale by date or it's just a bad run. Although football doesn't work that way generally. 

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Inverted said:

This is such a Brodgy performance. I feel like I’ve watched this game many a time before.

Virtually every game this season. Soft, spineless and absolutely disgraceful at set pieces. I'm genuinely out of words in how to describe how bad we are at them. It's defies any kind of logic.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Virtually every game this season. Soft, spineless and absolutely disgraceful at set pieces. I'm genuinely out of words in how to describe how bad we are at them. It's defies any kind of logic.

It got us knocked out of Europe in his two last seasons of Celtic.

On 05/12/2021 at 14:17, The Palace Fan said:

I remember two years ago we were playing Newcastle United on Remembrance Sunday weekend and when we were having the minute's silence before kick off the away end speakers were blurting out DaRude Sandstorm. It was really embarrassing. 

Im sorry, but the ridiculousness of this has killed me 😂

Sacking Rodgers would be very harsh. He's won the cup and narrowly missed out on CL twice against squads with far bigger wage bills. Obviously the squandered points advantage is an issue but I'd say that points more to the fact that over a season the rich clubs tend to feel the benefit of their huge spending towards the end of the season and the opposite for other clubs.

He may have taken Leicester as far as he can, but it should be a mutual thing in that case.

19 hours ago, Dan said:

This sounds eerily familiar. If Rodgers has to get a result in Europe to save his job, I think he might be in trouble.

Personally, if I were in charge of Leicester... I'd give him more time - but I don't know how much more time, because getting a new manager in before the transfer window could potentially change Leicester's season for the better if they get the right man in.

But it's not encouraging to see some of the same problems that Rodgers had as a manager years ago still exist. He's a really good when things are going well, but when things aren't going well you tend to see the same issues popping up with no real answer from the manager.

He's a good, but flawed manager. I'd had hoped he'd have grown a bit since leaving us and going to Celtic & Leicester.

I'm fairly sure defeats at Villa has seen the end of a couple of Chelsea managers in the past.

It feels like it would be harsh if Rodgers does go. A number of injuries & perhaps starting to look at totally move on completely from the last remnants of the title winners era. As long as Leicester are just about middling by end of December, surely he gets any available spending money in January. As inflated as prices are then. And as much as Newcastle could be the mercenaries choice.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived