talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 2-2 Liverpool - Sunday 19th December, 2021

football forum

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Tottenham 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 19th December, 2021
  • Administrator

Spurs doing well to hit Liverpool on the counter. Liverpool attacking well down the flanks. Hard to tell who should be ahead as both sides have created very good opportunities.

Entertaining nonetheless. Good to watch. 

1. Great half of Football. As good as I've seen from Spurs for a long time. They had Liverpool on the ropes at times there.

2. Seems odd that VAR did not get involved in the two key incidents. This is exactly why i was so venomously pissed off Struijk saw Red earlier in the season and we see challenges like that deemed ok. As for the pen, I'm at a loss how you can find a reason not to give it.

3. Alisson. What else is there to say? Gamechanger. That goes in and Liverpool are staring down the barrel.

• Administrator
Just now, Lucas said:

Alisson. What else is there to say? Gamechanger. That goes in and Liverpool are staring down the barrel.

Would they? I think Liverpool have plenty in them to recover from a 2 goal margin. 

Not taking anything away from the save. But had he not made it I'd have still backed Liverpool to get back in to it. 

• Subscriber

Weird half - great game. We look like Tottenham again. Should have scored 3 or 4 so very disappointed, but Liverpool look good too.  

Can’t see us keeping up that intensity for the whole considering we’ve barely trained for 2 weeks and half the players has Covid. But can really see the work Conte is doing. Winks excellent.

Kane very lucky. Thought that was a red. Penalty meh, seen them given but he went down pretty easily. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Would they? I think Liverpool have plenty in them to recover from a 2 goal margin. 

Not taking anything away from the save. But had he not made it I'd have still backed Liverpool to get back in to it. 

On most occasions they do but today has been a funny performance, so no guarantees for me. 2-0 Spurs and the momentum is with them, its a different game.

The fact Jota scored so soon after that was a hammer blow to them psychologically.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 2-2 Liverpool - Sunday 19th December, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived