talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Round 20 PL Matches - 28-30th December, 2021

football forum

17 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Hudson-Odoi deserves criticism, I'm not saying he doesn't but he's offered more in the games he's played this season than the others, maybe Mount aside. I'm not defending him because he's young, with the amount Callum is earning he should be treated like the more senior pros, I just think at times he's easily scapegoated in comparison to some of the dross he competes with. Hudson-Odoi is capable of performing better but he's comfortably offering more to the team than those around him. I want him to play with more personality and purpose, that frustrates me about him but overall I think at times the others around him get away with murder.

Virtually no one on this team has been scapegoated. Werner is constantly criticised. Ziyech and Havertz are constantly criticised. Mount is undoubtedly criticised and in my opinion the most. People are pointing at CHO now because unlike the others, he's actually had a full run of games this season. This was supposed to be his season given he had no holiday and was the first one to report to training. His decision making, one dimensional play and poor finishing has been incredibly highlighted this season. 

Burnley, United, Villa and now last night against Brighton he's had golden chances you'd expect anyone to put away but he fluffed all of them. This isn't a concern that has just been brought to light either. His decision making and finishing has always been an issue. I hate agreeing with Liquidator but the question is how much longer are we going to persist with his stagnated development when he's earning what a seasoned pro does? 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fucking Maguire again just backing off Lennon. He’s gone to utter shit.

Think he's always been a bit overrated tbh. Looks better with England because the setup there is overall pretty defensive and there's heavy reliance on set pieces. Definitely don't think he's captain material either tbh.

Archived