• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 - Third Round Matches

football forums

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Don't know what I'm more upset about. Us not winning or having to watch us play for another 30 minutes.

Absolutely no excuse for not seeing this out when we were 2-1 up and on top. Taking Gordon off has been an absolute nonsense. Rondon hasn't had his worst game but I don't see what it costs us taking him off instead and letting Gordon, Gray and Townsend interchange as a front three, or taking him off now and letting Dobbin use his pace against their tired defence for 30 minutes. Gomes off for Gbamin (who I'm desperate to see get some success in an Everton shirt) also reduced our attacking threat. Would have left Kenny on instead of Coleman as well but maybe I'm splitting hairs at this point.

• Administrator

Enjoying Everton being taken to extra time. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Forgot to mention earlier... ITV referring to Millwall as a 'family club' when there fans are about 40 years behind the rest of us should get talked about more but for Dean Ashton to tell Michael Olise to 'read the room' after having a bottle thrown his head and being subjected to racial abuse all game really should be an immediate apology at the very minimum.

This is the problem with this country. Quite clearly too many people with a voice that can reach out (eg, a football pundit with a mic on a TV match or stream) not making a big enough deal out of the racism that players face as opposed to the players reaction to it. 

He's probably the kind of person that would tell players to get on with playing the game instead of walking off when there are racist chants going around the stadium....

• Subscriber

Got there eventually. A lot of shite in there nonetheless. Terrible first 15, after that I wouldn't say Hull played much above their level and let it have our own way for the back end of the first half. We failed to kill the game leaving us open to an equaliser which was, in fairness, a very good finish. Arguably the officials failing to give either of two almost nailed-on penalties in our favour extended the game by an extra 30 minutes. Nice to have Townsend back, otherwise not much cheer to be had from that win.

• Subscriber

That was what I hoped for. A side utterly decimated yet those who filled in, for the most part, did a really good job and the usual suspects carried us.

Choudhury at centre half with probably the best game I've ever seen him have xD fantastic stuff.

7 academy players featured for us today I believe. I know Watford usually always lose here but to beat them so convincingly. Really encouraging stuff. Really enjoyed that.

1 hour ago, RondónEFC said:

Got there eventually. A lot of shite in there nonetheless. Terrible first 15, after that I wouldn't say Hull played much above their level and let it have our own way for the back end of the first half. We failed to kill the game leaving us open to an equaliser which was, in fairness, a very good finish. Arguably the officials failing to give either of two almost nailed-on penalties in our favour extended the game by an extra 30 minutes. Nice to have Townsend back, otherwise not much cheer to be had from that win.

What is Hull's level, since you clearly know it so well? 

• Subscriber
32 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What is Hull's level, since you clearly know it so well? 

21st in the Championship. I'm not claiming to know anything about Hull aside from that. I'd hardly say that was the performance of a team who played above that level though like you see in some cup games. The game was close because Everton were poor yet again, not because Hull played like a side that should have made life difficult for a Premier League outfit. All I was saying. That alright?

@RondónEFC to be honest I dont think Everton could have done alot about the hull equaliser it was a pretty amazing strike. Of course everton should win but to be honest when  you are not winning low on confidence and the pressure is on you it can be hard.  We both expected everton to loose today so overall not to bad a result I dont think 

So Hull City are the first team to lose out to the clearly beneficial to Premier League only, rules about no replays. I understand that the cretinous generation who only follow football because of fifa and 'bants' will hate the concept of replays but it used to be a great part of football.

We're a fucking American colony now. Ashamed of this country and its sports.

5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

So Hull City are the first team to lose out to the clearly beneficial to Premier League only, rules about no replays. I understand that the cretinous generation who only follow football because of fifa and 'bants' will hate the concept of replays but it used to be a great part of football.

You're a fucking idiot sometimes you really are

8 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It's a shame that some lower league clubs will miss out on a bit of extra money but there will be fixture congestion across the leagues due to Covid so I would say no replays is probably the right decision this season.

3 hours ago, RondónEFC said:

Isn't it only for one season the replays thing?

I think so yeah. Its ridiculous to suggest that people dont want replays. I'm pretty certain most do. It's just artful Dodger being negative again and complaining about people to make himself feel good 

Archived