• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2021/22 - Third Round Matches

football forum

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I was never sure on Howe. I don't really rate him and Evertonians in general don't tend to, I think we've paid him a bit of attention as a fanbase because he's been linked with us a few times, boyhood Evertonian, young manager who brought Bournemouth up for the first time, ourselves spending a lot of time looking for new managers quite regularly.

Always felt that he's one of those managers where the decision is made early that he's an exciting young manager because of what he achieved getting Bournemouth to the top flight, followed by very little analysis by most of the media over the following years of what he's good at, what he can improve on etc. Just a broad acceptance that he's pretty good hanging around him for years and years. To be fair, as long as he was keeping Bournemouth up he was doing his job, regardless of the flaws in his teams. 

Bit early to judge him at Newcastle but that's a dire result for them today. I do think that he's just alright overall. You do wonder whether they'll roll the dice again if the opportunity presents itself before the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

I was never sure on Howe. I don't really rate him and Evertonians in general don't tend to, I think we've paid him a bit of attention as a fanbase because he's been linked with us a few times, boyhood Evertonian, young manager who brought Bournemouth up for the first time, ourselves spending a lot of time looking for new managers quite regularly.

Always felt that he's one of those managers where the decision is made early that he's an exciting young manager because of what he achieved getting Bournemouth to the top flight, followed by very little analysis by most of the media over the following years of what he's good at, what he can improve on etc. Just a broad acceptance that he's pretty good hanging around him for years and years. To be fair, as long as he was keeping Bournemouth up he was doing his job, regardless of the flaws in his teams. 

Bit early to judge him at Newcastle but that's a dire result for them today. I do think that he's just alright overall. You do wonder whether they'll roll the dice again if the opportunity presents itself before the end of the season.

I will say this till I'm blue in the face but Sean Dyche has been a better manager in the Prem than Eddie Howe has and gets barely any of the credit. Not that either should be your manager, and Howe shouldn't be in charge at Newcastle, the man can't organise a defence to save his life.

• Subscriber

We're getting battered by a team from the division below us, for some reason playing a back five including Coleman at centre back when we have Holgate on the bench (who's shite as well but actually a centre back). Rondon already looking like a waste of a shirt up front. When will this end.

• Administrator
53 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Sensational save from Mitov in the 94th minute.

Newcastle are so bad though. Willock and Almiron were awful.

When Almiron took that wild shot in stoppage time it indicated everything you need to know about how Newcastle played. Terrible. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RondónEFC said:

Lovely equaliser from Gray and Gordon. Rest of these shithouses have no business celebrating that goal.

Gordon seems to be doing well recently. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Gordon seems to be doing well recently. 

Becoming the second upside of this season along with Gray.

Handball there should have been a penalty. Harsh to call that handball but that'd what the rules are. No VAR though so whatever. 

• Administrator

If today is anything to go by it sounds like our youngsters have a very promising future. Be it at Leicester or not. Think we had 9 academy products playing today. 

Forgot to mention earlier... ITV referring to Millwall as a 'family club' when there fans are about 40 years behind the rest of us should get talked about more but for Dean Ashton to tell Michael Olise to 'read the room' after having a bottle thrown his head and being subjected to racial abuse all game really should be an immediate apology at the very minimum.

27 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Forgot to mention earlier... ITV referring to Millwall as a 'family club' when there fans are about 40 years behind the rest of us should get talked about more but for Dean Ashton to tell Michael Olise to 'read the room' after having a bottle thrown his head and being subjected to racial abuse all game really should be an immediate apology at the very minimum.

In fairness, they always seem to win community club of the year when the EFL do awards. I guess they’re pretty good at that side of things but their fans are genuinely an odd specimen of the underclass of society. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived