The better place to talk football.

PL Round 24 - Thursday 10th February, 2022

football forums

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

2-0. Game over. 

Wasteful on final 3rd when we have it. Panicked in our own half when we don't have it. 

Think you've defended pretty well considering you've got about 30% possession and have spent most of the match on the backfoot. Although if not for Schmeichel this'd probably be a hammering.

• Administrator

Very comfortable for Liverpool. 

Kasper our standout player. Says it all really considering none of the outfield players, especially the attackers (barring Maddison) had much desire to score. Continually disappointed with Youri recently. Gives the ball away far too much. 

Maddison was the only one who tried to do anything but Iheanacho was wasteful and Daka ineffective. 

Don't think Liverpool would have a comfortable victory like that again for the rest of the season. 

Jota the absolute cunt. Stop scoring against us. 

1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

Big win that. We like to make it hard for ourselves though.

Starting to  just expect a red card. Great win though. Wish I'd watched it with a beer though 😂

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Dr. Gonzo it was a bit of a strange one. Martinely got booked then booked again without being told he had been booked the first time. 

Seems wrong to give a second booking without letting the player know they've already received a first booking.

Not that I'm surprised, our officials are incompetent.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Don't think Liverpool would have a comfortable victory like that again for the rest of the season. 

xD behave - there will be sides that turn up to Anfield that will wish they can defend the way you did but be completely unable to. And they won't have Schmeichel playing out of his skin either. The gameplan from Leicester, maybe wasn't as strong of a side as the last time we played, but was definitely the same sort of strategy that worked before.

And it almost worked, you kept it tight until Jota's second and you had a few decent chances. But it's always a risky strategy to allow a side like us to have that much of the ball and to put your goal under 90 minutes of constant pressure from our side.

High risk high reward tactics, but the risk didn't pay off today. I'd say that was a far less embarrassing performance than getting spanked by Nottingham Forest. I think your midfield looking dogshit is as big of a concern as your defense though, especially against decent sides - you can't be putting your defense under that sort of pressure like that.

Cos your midfield looked terrible. I used to want us to sign Tielemans... but after this season I'm not so sure he's a good fit. He looks out of form and completely unbothered by it.

One thing I do think is ironic though is that after years of Wenger out we are getting  excited about getting to where wenger had us for 20 years 

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

One thing I do think is ironic though is that after years of Wenger out we are getting  excited about getting to where wenger had us for 20 years 

I think large segments of Arsenal fans sort of forgot how good they had it under Wenger.

The man's a living Arsenal legend and a legend for this league for what he built with Arsenal. I felt pretty sad for him the way it seemed like a huge chunk of fans turned on him - even if it may have been time for him to go. But I don't think it's all that surprising that once the man who was responsible for so much good at Arsenal left, a lot of the stability left around the club seemed to fade away too.

I do think Emery was a weird replacement, not really even close to like for like at all. And Arteta's still learning on the job, imo, but he's doing pretty well imo... even with the insane amount of red cards it seems Arsenal pick up. But you don't look anything like the Arsenal side I remember watching in the 90s and 00s.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think large segments of Arsenal fans sort of forgot how good they had it under Wenger.

The man's a living Arsenal legend and a legend for this league for what he built with Arsenal. I felt pretty sad for him the way it seemed like a huge chunk of fans turned on him -

Definitely. Still can't forget how pathetically they turned on him. Just look at what they've spent since he left. He could have stayed and guarantee they will have done better had he stayed. The man was so underappreciated in his last few seasons. I don't even think it was time for him to go, he still had a few more years left in him. 

33 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The man's a living Arsenal legend and a legend for this league for what he built with Arsenal. I felt pretty sad for him the way it seemed like a huge chunk of fans turned on him - even if it may have been time for him to go. But I don't think it's all that surprising that once the man who was responsible for so much good at Arsenal left, a lot of the stability left around the club seemed to fade away too.

I do think Emery was a weird replacement, not really even close to like for like at all. And Arteta's still learning on the job, imo, but he's doing pretty well imo... even with the insane amount of red cards it seems Arsenal pick up. But you don't look anything like the Arsenal side I remember watching in the 90s and 00s.

I think he needed to go at the end. Personally I was always aware that being in the champions league all the time was a hard thing to do. And I did say that. I was hammered by some arsenal fans for saying it. Personally I didn't want him to go until we stopped getting in the top 4. Bit there have been so many Wenger debates on here I don't want another one 

Archived