Recent Form
Everton - LWLWL
Man City - LWWWW

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Everton potentially in the bottom three by the time this kicks off. Must be confusing as fuck for those Evertonian's who normally want them to get beat by Man City.

Come up with some new material eh?

41 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Dr. Gonzo  @LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Rick @Burning Gold how does it feel to have to cheer on Everton tonight?

I doubt there will be any cheering because they will get pummelled. If the unlikely thing happens then it's simply the best result as far as Liverpool are concerned and that's all I'm really bothered about.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Dr. Gonzo  @LFCMadLad @LFCMike @Rick @Burning Gold how does it feel to have to cheer on Everton tonight?

I hope they win but expect them to roll over so I’m not so fussed. I’ll be wanting every side to take points off City, but I never really expect it to happen.

If Everton win it increases the likelihood of still having a Merseyside derby next year so that’s good

• Subscriber

I didn't realise we had up to four games in hand on some of the teams ahead. Anything here is a bonus. Hope the crowd turns up like they did against Leeds.

I have a couple of concerns about our lineup. Firstly, how much harm could it do to give Patterson a chance because Coleman and Kenny are going to get fucking rinsed here. Secondly, I'm a bit concerned about where Alli is supposed to fit into this team if we're playing a 433.

I'm glad about the 433 though. That Gomes-VanDeBeek midfield two for the second half against Southampton was absolutely ridiculous.

I give up completely with the officials in this country. They deserve all the ridicule and abuse they get for either being completely fucking inept or corrupt. 

How anybody can look at that Rodri handball and say it was accidental is beyond me. It’s not even a debate, it just was intentional and Everton have been cheated out of a penalty by whichever rat is the VAR. absolutely sick of these cunts.

Michael Keane is also fucking atrocious and he had the reflexes of a 70 year old man for their goal. 

• Subscriber

Disgraceful decision that probably cost us a point and gifted City two. Like Rick has said, that wasn't even a debatable decision, I wasn't nervous about what they were going to decide because it was so fucking obviously a penalty.

I usually roll my eyes at people's conspiracy theories about corrupt officials and favouring the top teams but time and time again, you get this shit happening and I don't know what other conclusion you're supposed to draw from a decision that bad.

Still, plenty to be positive about from that performance. We'll be fine if we perform near that standard against lesser teams. We still need to be better in attack though because we should have created 1 or 2 proper chances with those breakaway opportunities we had, mostly in the first half.

As for City though. There are two reasons why the thought of Liverpool winning the league again genuinely doesn't bother me at all. One is that it already happened once and nobody died. The other is that City are massive shitcunts in just about every conceivable way. Their owners are literally some of the biggest cunts in the world, Guardiola is a pretty big cunt, and I'm not having this rubbish about them playing "good football" either. Yeah they score loads of goals against shit teams which is entertaining on some level but whenever they're vaguely made to work, all they do is pass the ball around and create nothing until someone like Michael Keane gets lulled to sleep by their boring football and allows one of their £100m signings to score a tap in from 2 yards out. Glorious stuff.

Even me as a defender of referees do look at some decisions and wonder how var cannot say its clear and obvious and override it. I mean I'm not a referee and I can see that. So why somebody who knows much more than I do cant I dont know. Dont get me wrong there are lots of decisions which are debatable and I can understand. Because when fans are debating it its clearly debatable. But that one isn't 

9 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

As for City though. There are two reasons why the thought of Liverpool winning the league again genuinely doesn't bother me at all. One is that it already happened once and nobody died. The other is that City are massive shitcunts in just about every conceivable way. Their owners are literally some of the biggest cunts in the world, Guardiola is a pretty big cunt, and I'm not having this rubbish about them playing "good football" either. Yeah they score loads of goals against shit teams which is entertaining on some level but whenever they're vaguely made to work, all they do is pass the ball around and create nothing until someone like Michael Keane gets lulled to sleep by their boring football and allows one of their £100m signings to score a tap in from 2 yards out. Glorious stuff.

A lot of City’s work is done before a ball is even kicked. Too many teams go into the game against them ready to sit back and hope to frustrate them. It rarely ever happens because as you said, they just pass the ball from side to side, launch balls into the box and hope something comes off. Or they hope DeBruyne scores a screamer. When teams do to them like you did today, actually get in their faces and make them work, it ends up taking a defensive error and a corrupt official to gift them the points. Fucking can’t stand them, they’re made to look a lot better than they are by cowardly approaches by 75% of the league. If you had Calvert Lewin today you would have beaten them.

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 Man City - Saturday 26th February, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived