The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-1 Man City - Saturday 26th February, 2022

football forum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
25 minutes ago, RondónEFC said:

Alright sure yeah legitimate method of controlling a football.

That's pathetic. 

Literally moves his arm to get to it as well. 

Again the officiating in this country is brought in to question because of how shite it is. 

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Greater Manchester's Chris Kavanagh on VAR obviously.

That makes sense. Shocking official. 

Pretty sure it's not his first controversial (wrong) decision while being on VAR. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's pathetic. 

Literally moves his arm to get to it as well. 

Again the officiating in this country is brought in to question because of how shite it is. 

That makes sense. Shocking official. 

Pretty sure it's not his first controversial (wrong) decision while being on VAR. 

Same combination of referee and VAR in that Liverpool-Spurs game earlier in the season. Tierney is awful as well.

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

The cunts can't even use the 'shirt line' argument here. 

Astonishing how it's not been given. 

image.png

I've read he was offside in the buildup. I've not seen it have to watch it on motd. But that is clearly handball so if hes  not offside I cant understand how anyone could look at it on a video and not give it. Even I wouldn't defend that one 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

I've read he was offside in the buildup. I've not seen it have to watch it on motd. But that is clearly handball so if hes  not offside I cant understand how anyone could look at it on a video and not give it. Even I wouldn't defend that one 

He wasn’t offside, just seen it on sky and he’s level. That wasn’t the reason for the denied pen either, they have said they couldn’t determine if he controlled it with his arm. Which is complete and utter bollocks. 

30 minutes ago, Rick said:

He wasn’t offside, just seen it on sky and he’s level. That wasn’t the reason for the denied pen either, they have said they couldn’t determine if he controlled it with his arm. Which is complete and utter bollocks. 

Yeah that is weird 

53 minutes ago, Rick said:

A lot of City’s work is done before a ball is even kicked. Too many teams go into the game against them ready to sit back and hope to frustrate them. It rarely ever happens because as you said, they just pass the ball from side to side, launch balls into the box and hope something comes off. Or they hope DeBruyne scores a screamer. When teams do to them like you did today, actually get in their faces and make them work, it ends up taking a defensive error and a corrupt official to gift them the points. Fucking can’t stand them, they’re made to look a lot better than they are by cowardly approaches by 75% of the league. If you had Calvert Lewin today you would have beaten them.

Funny you say this. My cousin is a Liverpool fan and I said to him that teams seem to put in more effort vs Liverpool then they do vs City. I remember when we were champions and we had to scrape so many 1-0 wins because as champions, playing us was like most teams cup final. With City it reminds me of fighters vs 80's Tyson. They'd lost the fight in the ring walk, before the event even started. 

I think wondering about corruption  is reasonable. I'm  not saying I think that decision was a bribe or something  but I can understand people thinking it might be. The reason is that the people in the var room are trained officials. Whatever people may think they do a better job than we would. But I would be fairly certain most fans would say handball. So it is a bit weird that a trained official hasn't when he has had chance to watch a video of it. 

13 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

They need stripped of their licence to officiate. Taking the absolute piss with that statement, like he didn’t look at it more than a dozen times in the moment. Suspend the bent prick. 

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

They need stripped of their licence to officiate. Taking the absolute piss with that statement, like he didn’t look at it more than a dozen times in the moment. Suspend the bent prick. 

Any pics?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

Same combination of referee and VAR in that Liverpool-Spurs game earlier in the season. Tierney is awful as well.

And when you think what happened with Moutinho at Man City it makes a mockery of it all. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think wondering about corruption  is reasonable. I'm  not saying I think that decision was a bribe or something  but I can understand people thinking it might be. The reason is that the people in the var room are trained officials. Whatever people may think they do a better job than we would. But I would be fairly certain most fans would say handball. So it is a bit weird that a trained official hasn't when he has had chance to watch a video of it. 

I genuinely have no idea where peoples confidence that it isn't has come from. I've been laughed at many a time for saying it, but genuinely, what else can it be? They aren't that inept, surely?

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

I genuinely have no idea where peoples confidence that it isn't has come from. I've been laughed at many a time for saying it, but genuinely, what else can it be? They aren't that inept, surely?

Well I think there are many decisions that are more complicated than  people think. People have a different interpretation of clear and obvious. I mean a few weeks ago when we weren't awarded a penalty against man city and they got one against us it was controversial. However I think it was a reasonable decision. Debatable but wouldn't convince me of corruption. 

I also think they are under pressure to make the decision as fast as they can and so sometimes really bad mistakes will be made.

However that was so clearly handball that I struggle to find a reason why an official that despite what people may think does know the rules of the game more than most people can make that mistake. I dont think it unreasonable to suspect it. I'm not saying I do but I think its reasonable to.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Would of been a harsh penalty, Everton wasn't about to score or anything so they can't have a free shot at goal, give them a corner instead, the rules need updating 🤔 

Mate it's a penalty. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

You can't have a penalty for that, wasn't intentional and Everton wasn't denied a goal scoring chance, game would be corrupt if they gave Everton a free shot at goal for that, correct call 

That's some fishing even by your standards 

54 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Arms at his side, no intent, Everton wasn't denied a goal scoring chance = no penalty 

I know your fishing but his arms were out in the penalty area. The Everton player wouldn't have necessarily created a goal scoring chance but it's still a penalty.

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 Man City - Saturday 26th February, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived