27/09/2020 - Tottenham 1-1 Newcastle

Recent Form
Tottenham - WWLWL
Newcastle - LLWWW

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Schar scored to give Newcastle the lead, then Son set up Davies to equalise.

Emerson Royal now goes down like a sniper has shot him after an altercation with Saint-Maximin & Joelinton. 

19 minutes ago, Danny said:

This brings Newcastle straight back into it and they don’t have a fantastic run in to come 

35 points should be safe,  and we have three home games.   Sure they are against Palace, Wolves and Leicester,  neither of them are anything close to spurs level.    Games against City and Liverpool were write offs  theoretically.   

1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

35 points should be safe,  and we have three home games.   Sure they are against Palace, Wolves and Leicester,  neither of them are anything close to spurs level.    Games against City and Liverpool were write offs  theoretically.   

Norwich away as well. Newcastle will be fine I think

Just now, LFCMike said:

Norwich away as well. Newcastle will be fine I think

Norwich and Burnley we must treat as absolute priority wins.   Crystal Palace, Wolves and Leicester at home is a good chance at points to.   wolves have fallen off a lot,  and leicester can have a whoopsie here and there.   Arsenal, Liverpool, and City are probably a bridge to far but sometimes  you have those last minute equaliser type moments.    I would say 4 more points gets us to 35 which given how watford and burnley lost seems like a good gap. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 5-1 Newcastle - Sunday 3rd April, 2022
  • Subscriber

Spurs on song are really good. I think with a couple of decent additions this summer they'll fly. Hard to say how high they can go through - possibly 3rd.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

We were really good second half. Howes teams always seem to collapse against us.

Was sceptical but fair play to Paratici. Romero, Bentancur and Kulusevski have been superb signings. The former is going to be one of the very best centre backs around and the latter have been such an upgrade on our team. Bentancur head and shoulders above our other CMS. Just ridiculously calm and composed on the ball, like a midfield Berbatov the way he glided and well Kulusevski is just superb. 

the only player that looked capable of playing spurs was Bruno Guimaraes, which is why we need more of those players in.   

I know we are interested in Phillips, Renato Sanches and Bissouma, who paired with Bruno is a massive improvement.  Joelinton and Willock are subs level players.   I would also like Antony from Ajax to have him and St Maxifall would create havoc.   

Defensively I have really liked Ben Godfrey, he is very underrated.  though the Botman and now Schlotterbeck links persist.

Tottenham are the bench to be at by at least 2024/2025 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the only player that looked capable of playing spurs was Bruno Guimaraes, which is why we need more of those players in.   

I know we are interested in Phillips, Renato Sanches and Bissouma, who paired with Bruno is a massive improvement.  Joelinton and Willock are subs level players.   I would also like Antony from Ajax to have him and St Maxifall would create havoc.   

Defensively I have really liked Ben Godfrey, he is very underrated.  though the Botman and now Schlotterbeck links persist.

Tottenham are the bench to be at by at least 2024/2025 

Saint-Maximin must be the most frustrating player. All the skill and talent dribbling, but end product lacking and he gave the ball away for at least two of our goals yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Saint-Maximin must be the most frustrating player. All the skill and talent dribbling, but end product lacking and he gave the ball away for at least two of our goals yesterday. 

he reminds me of Ben Arfa, a show pony without product or Cristiano Ronaldo circa 2003-2005.   if someone offers us 50m like a rumour suggests I'm taking it and putting the money into Lucas Paquetta and Antony.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Storts said:

6 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

he reminds me of Ben Arfa, a show pony without product or Cristiano Ronaldo circa 2003-2005.   if someone offers us 50m like a rumour suggests I'm taking it and putting the money into Lucas Paquetta and Antony.

Reminds me of Adama Traore. Lots of skill, can get by players but the end product lacks...

59 minutes ago, Stan said:

Reminds me of Adama Traore. Lots of skill, can get by players but the end product lacks...

with all the rumours I am fine letting him go.  we can do better than him.   ludovic Blas for instance is less of a show pony

Where's the Saint-Maximin disrespect come from?

Granted he may not have had the best of games yesterday (Who really did for them) but that was his first start in 7 games.

Bloke has pretty much single handedly carried Newcastle the last couple years, sometimes on one leg. He's the 2nd highest scorer in the team too.

Think it's a bit unfair really. You accept with these type of mercurial talents that they will have swings and roundabouts but I'd love to see where Newcastle would have been without him this season.

I say this as well given we have an identical talent in Raphinha who has blown hot and cold this season but without him, we'd be a dead duck.

6 hours ago, Storts said:

We were really good second half. Howes teams always seem to collapse against us.

Was sceptical but fair play to Paratici. Romero, Bentancur and Kulusevski have been superb signings. The former is going to be one of the very best centre backs around and the latter have been such an upgrade on our team. Bentancur head and shoulders above our other CMS. Just ridiculously calm and composed on the ball, like a midfield Berbatov the way he glided and well Kulusevski is just superb. 

I thought Kulusevski would be a good signing for Spurs. I was told he was shit because he was shit at Juve and the Serie A is dogshit xD

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Where's the Saint-Maximin disrespect come from?

Granted he may not have had the best of games yesterday (Who really did for them) but that was his first start in 7 games.

Bloke has pretty much single handedly carried Newcastle the last couple years, sometimes on one leg. He's the 2nd highest scorer in the team too.

Think it's a bit unfair really. You accept with these type of mercurial talents that they will have swings and roundabouts but I'd love to see where Newcastle would have been without him this season.

I say this as well given we have an identical talent in Raphinha who has blown hot and cold this season but without him, we'd be a dead duck.

ASM needs to be a better team player, a simple pass here and there is the difference.   he has been poor since trippier got hurt.   when trippier was causing trouble down the right it left more space for Maxi.

he is a  frustrating player

Archived