07/02/2021 - Liverpool 1-4 Man City
08/11/2020 - Man City 1-1 Liverpool

Recent Form
Man City - WWWDD
Liverpool - WWWWW

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am absolutely bricking it for this game. Pretty much as soon as the final whistle went on Tuesday night and I thought about this one I've had that horrible feeling.

Winning would be huge but it's obviously a must not lose for us.

I say its a must not lose for us too, id be happy with a draw. a win probably wins the title for us, a draw makes it more nervous but we have very winnable games but defeat puts us 2pts behind and needing you to slip up somewhere ..at least its going to be an exciting title race this season 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I say its a must not lose for us too, id be happy with a draw. a win probably wins the title for us, a draw makes it more nervous but we have very winnable games but defeat puts us 2pts behind and needing you to slip up somewhere ..at least its going to be an exciting title race this season 

Man City run-in - Brighton, Watford, Leeds, Newcastle, West Ham, Villa

Liverpool run-in - Man Utd, Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, Southampton, Wolves

Arguably Man City have the 'easier' run-in so would agree a win puts you in the favourable and likely position to win. Liverpool have a game in hand though, so even a draw isn't best for you but does favour LIverpool. And the game in hand is against Utd so that might as well be 3 points anyway...

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Liverpool run-in - Man Utd, Everton, Newcastle, Spurs, Villa, Southampton, Wolves

Arguably Man City have the 'easier' run-in so would agree a win puts you in the favourable and likely position to win. Liverpool have a game in hand though, so even a draw isn't best for you but does favour LIverpool. And the game in hand is against Utd so that might as well be 3 points anyway...

City have still got to go to Wolves as well

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Phwwwwwaaaaar do they? Fuck it's close. 

Neither has a game you'd expect them to lose.

City play West ham who are organized and motivated, probably the hardest remaining fixture for either team. Brighton would have been tricky 6 months ago but are dire now, and by this point we know Stevie G took Villa nowhere but sideways. 

Liverpool have United, who are the best on paper team, but suck outrageous smelly balls. I'd rather play them than West ham, because the Hammers have less talent, but will utilize it better. United are just as likely to roll over and die as play a competent game, especially against Liverpool. Wolves also can play ball. Southampton are good enough to nick a random draw, but unlikely.  The rest, dire. 

Yeah, I'll give the easier run in to City, but fuck me it's fine margins. 

• Administrator
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

City play West ham who are organized and motivated, probably the hardest remaining fixture for either team. Brighton would have been tricky 6 months ago but are dire now, and by this point we know Stevie G took Villa nowhere but sideways. 

Liverpool have United, who are the best on paper team, but suck outrageous smelly balls. I'd rather play them than West ham, because the Hammers have less talent, but will utilize it better. United are just as likely to roll over and die as play a competent game, especially against Liverpool. Wolves also can play ball. Southampton are good enough to nick a random draw, but unlikely.  The rest, dire. 

I took into account that if West Ham get far in Europe, that becomes their priority I'd imagine. West Ham's form hasn't been the best recently, however Bowen is back so would also play Man Utd rather than West Ham. 

City & Liverpool will probably win them all. So it puts even more emphasis on Sunday's game. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

City & Liverpool will probably win them all. So it puts even more emphasis on Sunday's game. 

I agree on paper but if there's a winner on Sunday I think psychology it's a big swing and could see the loser on Sunday dropping more. Bit different to 18/19 when the second game between the two teams was in January and after that both teams were almost perfect. I've no idea how the fixtures fall in terms of who plays first but I think scoreboard pressure is a thing as well.

27 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think there's a surprise result to come still, I really do. I don't see both winning all remaining games, I just feel one team always gets inspired and takes advantage whilst the other has such a franctic schedule and an off day.

Not for one minute suggesting it is us by the way but, if City are in the Champions League semi's, our league game with them is sandwiched between the two semi finals.

Given the effort and running we put in, I bet Pep comments on how much of a physically demanding game that will be for his team, I don't know if he will be able to rotate loads for it, and if we are desperate, full Elland Road, might be potential for a surprise.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I agree on paper but if there's a winner on Sunday I think psychology it's a big swing and could see the loser on Sunday dropping more. Bit different to 18/19 when the second game between the two teams was in January and after that both teams were almost perfect. I've no idea how the fixtures fall in terms of who plays first but I think scoreboard pressure is a thing as well.

I agree - I'd always rather have the points on the board than be chasing. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I forgot about the game in hand so it's a must win for us now then   ...hang on, after checking they dont have a game in hand, you forgot our game against Wolves you crazy person :4_joy: a draw will do for us

59 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think Spurs can beat Liverpool if they are up for it, Kane destroyed us at the Etihad 

59 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's everyone's (unbiased?) mixed XIs?

image.png

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Van Dijk - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Gundogan - Bernardo

Mahrez - Salah - Foden

If you don't have Foden in your team you are crackers, he's better than De Bruyne

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Van Dijk - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Gundogan - Bernardo

Mahrez - Salah - Foden

If you don't have Foden in your team you are crackers, he's better than De Bruyne

It physically hurt me to leave Mahrez out. 

If I'm crackers for leaving Foden out, you're crackers for leaving Alexander-Arnold out!

City will win, I think. But I hope not.

I hope have the best game we’ve had all season, and score so many goals that the City players feel like they’ve been skinned alive, wrecking their confidence for the rest of the season…

… and if we’re lucky their careers.

Also if Tierney could slip and fall and not be available to be on VAR that’d be great. Fuck Mike Riley putting a city fan on VAR

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Allison

Trent - Dias - VVD - Cancelo

Thiago - Fabinho - de Bruyne

Salah - Firminho - Sterling

Based on this season, Firmino?

• The title was changed to Man City 2-2 Liverpool - Sunday 10th April, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived