12/05/2021 - Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal
26/12/2020 - Arsenal 3-1 Chelsea

Recent Form
Chelsea - WWWLL
Arsenal - LLLWW

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd actually rotate quite heavily here considering the shift our players put in the last week. Think we can afford 4 losses and still finish in Top 4. 

Mendy

Chalobah Silva Rudiger

James Kante Reuben Loftus-Cheek Saul

Ziyech Pulisic

Lukaku

Just now, Waylander said:

I'm in the opposite camp and would go full strength against Arsenal.

Rest some for West Ham or United, if needed.

Tuchel already said our front three are knackered and will rotate. I agree. 

Kante and Silva are full rested so they will play. We've built a big cushion so we can afford to rotate. 

9 hours ago, Waylander said:

I hope he is not trying to rehabilitate Lukaku.

Don't you think he's sort of got to try with the remaining games left this season?

With the ownership situation up in the air and Lukaku being a pretty heavy investment by Chelsea, it might not be possible for Chelsea to just quickly cut their losses. There's a possibility that Chelsea go into next season with Lukaku as their best striker again.

He's only got a limited time to save the trajectory of his second Chelsea stint, Tuchel's only got a limited time to save Chelsea's investment in the player (either in terms of finding a way to get the most out of him at Chelsea, or to protect as much of his value that can be salvaged from what Chelsea paid Inter). It's sort of do-or-die time for him tbh.

There is a deep rooted mental issue at this club. The inability to keep composure and consistency throughout certain periods of the season has been blatant ever since the Sarri days. Third season in the row we gift Arsenal points at the bridge through pathetically awful individual mistakes. 

Busy summer ahead of us and I hope new ownership are willing to terminate certain contracts if need be. 

I'm not sure why Rudiger wasn't in the squad tonight but I don't think Chelsea can afford to bench Silva as well. One of those has to play if the other is missing, just to bring some form of organisation to the defence.

Arsenal's confidence shot up first half everytime they attacked the final third and this is a side that have been on the back of a run of defeats.

Sarr and Christiensen will have had better nights for sure. Credit to Nketiah though, he looked lively.

Blaming the fucking pitch fucks sake Tuchel does my head in at times. 

Explain why Christensen and Sarr started together and James + Azpilicueta switching positions. When Tuchel experiments, we collapse. Every time. 

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Don't you think he's sort of got to try with the remaining games left this season?

With the ownership situation up in the air and Lukaku being a pretty heavy investment by Chelsea, it might not be possible for Chelsea to just quickly cut their losses. There's a possibility that Chelsea go into next season with Lukaku as their best striker again.

He's only got a limited time to save the trajectory of his second Chelsea stint, Tuchel's only got a limited time to save Chelsea's investment in the player (either in terms of finding a way to get the most out of him at Chelsea, or to protect as much of his value that can be salvaged from what Chelsea paid Inter). It's sort of do-or-die time for him tbh.

Not the match to try and integrate him with both Rudiger and Kovacic out.

I would be very surprised if Lukaku is here next season. 

For me TT gets the defensive formation wrong last night rather than it being about a poor pitch though he did try and change it later on.

Arsenal when clicking can play well and at times yesterday were good good.

Post Palace and comfortable in third may also be a factor as @6666 suggests.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-4 Arsenal - Wednesday 20th April, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived