talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

James Tarkowski - Everton make approach

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ultimately I think he’s a good player to get in and will definitely give them greater squad depth, but I also think Everton should be looking for a young centre back that they can push on with as a club and develop in the way Arsenal signed Gabriel.

But in terms of a ball playing centre back who is solid defensively I think this is a good move for them

9 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

i would love to know the wage offer.

it makes sense for Everton what with their financial limitations

Newcastle should have the same limitations to be fair. Both have rich owners and both shouldn't spend beyond what they earn.

Doesn't work like that though does it. 

Why is Newcastle with all this oil money any different to Everton?

8 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Newcastle should have the same limitations to be fair. Both have rich owners and both shouldn't spend beyond what they earn.

well there income and sustainability was at -105 million ours is over 200m due to years of under investment.

we will be announcing new sponsorship to, it is believed one is aramco which is a massive sponsorship

40 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

well there income and sustainability was at -105 million ours is over 200m due to years of under investment.

we will be announcing new sponsorship to, it is believed one is aramco which is a massive sponsorship

No offence to you mate but Man City have been doing this for years.. announcing 'new sponsorship' deals is an easy way to skirt around ffp. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

No offence to you mate but Man City have been doing this for years.. announcing 'new sponsorship' deals is an easy way to skirt around ffp. 

I'm pretty sure the Greedy Six helped forced through some new rules shortly after the Newcastle takeover was approved to prevent them doing what Manchester City  did to circumvent FFP in regards to extravagant sponsorship deals not reflective of market value. 

11 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm pretty sure the Greedy Six helped forced through some new rules shortly after the Newcastle takeover was approved to prevent them doing what Manchester City  did to circumvent FFP in regards to extravagant sponsorship deals not reflective of market value. 

There will always be a way for clubs as wealthy as City and Newcastle to swerve the rules. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

There will always be a way for clubs as wealthy as City and Newcastle to swerve the rules. 

If you dig deep enough you'll find discrepancies with the financial books of every club. 

Newcastle are in a position to capitalise this summer due to Mike Ashley's previous tight controls, an injection of significant wealth and seemingly (based on Bruno Guimaraes) a good recruitment structure.

Anybody saying its wrong or unfair is quite frankly jealous and are being selective when it comes to what they're annoyed about. It's not right for example that Category A academy's can cherry pick players from another academy's for a fraction of not just there value but the cost of running an academy, but that's the way it is.

6 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If you dig deep enough you'll find discrepancies with the financial books of every club. 

Newcastle are in a position to capitalise this summer due to Mike Ashley's previous tight controls, an injection of significant wealth and seemingly (based on Bruno Guimaraes) a good recruitment structure.

Anybody saying its wrong or unfair is quite frankly jealous and are being selective when it comes to what they're annoyed about. It's not right for example that Category A academy's can cherry pick players from another academy's for a fraction of not just there value but the cost of running an academy, but that's the way it is.

Oh I agree Newcastle are due a big blow out after being deprived of any significant spend for years. Its if they do it year after year like City & PSG when questions need to be asked. 

It's pointless debating it though really because as I said, there is always a way round FFP for the mega wealthy clubs.

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

we haven't even done anything outlandish and we are called out as rule dodgers.   i don't know if this insecurity is to be taken as a compliment or I should feel sorry for you.

I think the last few posts have agreed that Newcastle deserve a big old splash? 

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I think the last few posts have agreed that Newcastle deserve a big old splash? 

I'll believe that when I see it.  however because of Ashley the team was about 250m away from being competitive against Real football teams

• Subscriber

Early signs are that Newcastle won't repeat Everton's mistakes but don't kid yourself into thinking that the sudden access to spending will automatically translate into European football the season after next and qualifying for the Champions League within five years. It's a lot more complicated than it looks. I'll tell you from experience that you should take a wait and see approach before you get your hopes up too far and promising everyone else on here that Newcastle are going to be the next Man City.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Early signs are that Newcastle won't repeat Everton's mistakes but don't kid yourself into thinking that the sudden access to spending will automatically translate into European football the season after next and qualifying for the Champions League within five years. It's a lot more complicated than it looks. I'll tell you from experience that you should take a wait and see approach before you get your hopes up too far and promising everyone else on here that Newcastle are going to be the next Man City.

i am not expecting anything significant.  consolidated top 10 finish with a possible Europa push would be where I see it.  we were 7 points why of that

22 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

175 miles difference  according to google

17 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

That was Mike Ashley's plan all along. Making sure new owners have something to work with.

9 hours ago, 6666 said:

That was Mike Ashley's plan all along. Making sure new owners have something to work with.

I'm sure he will argue that but he was the only person taking 50m out the club every year.   Mike Ashley is our most expensive player.   the fat cockney cnut made off with around 400m and another 300m when he cut and ran

he will also "i told you so with Joelinton,  but we all know that's on Eddie and Tindle

I fancied him to join Everton pre covid off the back of that very good season Burnley had. He always struck me as an "Everton player" in the sense that he could take a club to 7th/8th but he wasn't good enough for a top six club. Which seemed to be Everton's modus operandi for signing players at the time.

It's a good signing for Everton, especially on a free, but I imagine throughout the season they'll have no clue who there best centre back pairing is.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

they'll have no clue who there best centre back pairing is.

I think he wants a back three. Mina has allegedly been transfer listed with one year left on his deal and they're open to offers for Michael Keane but Lampard seems to fancy Holgate and Godfrey. Means we might have more than Tarkowski coming in if he does want to play a back three. I'd be surprised if we let both Mina and Keane go. We've been linked with Colwill the lad who was on loan at Huddersfield last season. Hopefully we don't go into next season seeing Coleman as anything other than an emergency option on the right hand side of a back three though after he played there in the run in last season.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Waylander said:

Frank wanted him at Chelsea though the board had different ideas.

Will be interesting to see if he makes Everton defensively stronger. 

The board were sensible. He wouldn't have been good enough for Chelsea.

3 hours ago, Stan said:

The board were sensible. He wouldn't have been good enough for Chelsea.

I think Frank wanted to play a back four and saw Tarkowski as a key signing towards the backside.

That was when Zouma was preferred to Rudiger.

Archived