Last 3 Meetings
01/05/2022 - Everton 1-0 Chelsea
16/12/2021 - Chelsea 1-1 Everton
08/03/2021 - Chelsea 2-0 Everton

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Just going to try and enjoy this one. Our window for getting players registered in time to join the squad is almost closed and none of them seem imminent. So this one could be a bit of a write off. It's the next four games we need to start picking up points straight away.

Our team is probably something like:

Pickford

Godfrey Keane Tarkowski

Patterson Doucoure Iwobi Mykolenko

McNeil Alli Gordon

Not horrific but not yet balanced.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Just going to try and enjoy this one. Our window for getting players registered in time to join the squad is almost closed and none of them seem imminent. So this one could be a bit of a write off. It's the next four games we need to start picking up points straight away.

Pickford

Godfrey Keane Tarkowski

McNeil Alli Gordon

Not horrific but I'd lead with also not very inspiring, especially the ones bolded 

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pickford

Godfrey Keane Tarkowski

McNeil Alli Gordon

Not heard much of Patterson. What's he like?

McNeil I reckon will be the kind of player that will score and assist in one game, then have about 3-4 dead games before he pops up with a worldie. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

You just know we'd concede against it xD 

We might actually pick up against Everton now they've got rid of Richarlison. My god those Spurs games are going to be horrific though.

• Subscriber

McNeil and Dele had their moments in pre-season so we'll see how they get on. Gray is also in the mix for the front three. Iwobi was also one of our best players in the second half of last season, probably only second to Pickford and Richarlison in terms of delivering to keep us up. Certainly shouldn't be playing in central midfield but that's how poorly Lampard rates Gomes and Davies. Once we get Gueye and or Onana through the door, Iwobi will be a better option elsewhere on the pitch, either as a winger or the foremost midfielder in a 433. Just seen that Mina is fit for Chelsea so he will start instead of Keane. Patterson looks like a good attacking full back, but we're yet to see him tested very much defensively. 

I hope that answers everyone's questions and gripes xD.

Lost four games on a bounce against Everton at Goodison. They could probably play their under 16's and still manage a win. However i am optimistic at heart and maybe we surprise ourselves. I am certain no other club in the "top 6" has lost most times at Goodison than Chelsea.

I wonder what moronic nonsense I will hear during the commentary of this game. I’m sure 70 minutes of the game will be devoted to sucking off the new American owners and the other twenty minutes about how Lampard used to play for Chelsea and was also a manager. 

Sterling is 100% the type of player Chelsea need, Havertz and Mount at times make them quite placid moving forward. Sterling's speed and directness completely opens up the game for them, not to dissimilar from how he plays for England now

Archived