The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 3-3 Man City - Sunday 21st August, 2022

football forum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
28 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

Man City look rattled defensively. Don't expect that 2nd half.

Game management key. If we make it to 60 minutes still in the lead will be interesting to see if we get deeper and deeper and clench.

You shouldn't have stopped clenching. Arse fell out after 60mins..

image.png

• Administrator
Just now, RandoEFC said:

That pass got a little bit of help off the defender but has any player ever had the vision that De Bruyne shows week in, week out?

In the PL? Not that I can think of.

Outside of PL, I can think of Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta. Like they see things others don't.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

In the PL? Not that I can think of.

Outside of PL, I can think of Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta. Like they see things others don't.

You know what is funny, I think Dani Alves of all players has more assists than all of those three. That guy used to be able to put it on a plate for Messi

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Spike said:

You know what is funny, I think Dani Alves of all players has more assists than all of those three. That guy used to be able to put it on a plate for Messi

I've checked just now cos I couldn't believe it. 

Alves - 173

Pirlo - 126

Xavi - 213 (185 for Barca alone :o)

Iniesta - 163

But fair play Alves is a great shout!

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

This gets overturned it's a piss take given some of the red cards that get given. Two feet off the ground and makes contact at knee height. Think I'll be in the minority though.

Yeah I think it is a red as well. He wasn't even close to the ball and took a hit at his knee.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've checked just now cos I couldn't believe it. 

Alves - 173

Pirlo - 126

Xavi - 213 (185 for Barca alone :o)

Iniesta - 163

But fair play Alves is a great shout!

So Xavi really only had 185 then... :ph34r:Kind of a pisstake when we can count Saudi league assists. Though I suppose Iniesta did play in Japan but I'd say that is a higher level of competition at least.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Spike said:

So Xavi really only had 185 then... :ph34r:Kind of a pisstake when we can count Saudi league assists. Though I suppose Iniesta did play in Japan but I'd say that is a higher level of competition at least.

Yeah to be honest that's why I put the Barca bits in brackets xD. I literally had no idea he even got that many in Saudi.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah to be honest that's why I put the Barca bits in brackets xD. I literally had no idea he even got that many in Saudi.

I just watched this. I know it is Messi but Alves always put it exactly where it needed to be for Messi.

9 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's not a red card. Arguably see why he's done it in real time. But surely they see that's not that dangerous?

Last week, you were suggesting that a hair tug (which is annoying at worst) was a red card offence while you're defending a leg-breaker as "not that dangerous".

The tackle is in the style of a kung fu kick, Trippier is a couple of feet off the ground with a straight leg, studs on the knee and if De Bruyne's foot is on the ground (fortunately it wasn't), this is an Eduardo at absolute best.

I want Newcastle to win the game but this is the most blatant red card you'll see as VAR even encouraging the referee to overrule it was an embarrassing decision.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Tar-Mairon said:

Last week, you were suggesting that a hair tug (which is annoying at worst) was a red card offence while you're defending a leg-breaker as "not that dangerous".

The tackle is in the style of a kung fu kick, Trippier is a couple of feet off the ground with a straight leg, studs on the knee and if De Bruyne's foot is on the ground (fortunately it wasn't), this is an Eduardo at absolute best.

I want Newcastle to win the game but this is the most blatant red card you'll see as VAR even encouraging the referee to overrule it was an embarrassing decision.

I stand by the hair-tug as a red card.

You've exaggerated by saying it's a 'leg-breaker' and a 'kung-fu kick;. 

Was it studs on the knee, or just the boot making contact with De Bruyne's knee. If it's studs, you'd see De Bruyne in far more pain than just getting up barely moments after the challenge.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived