talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bournemouth Sack Scott Parker

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ridiculous. 9-0 is a disgrace for any team in this league, but it’s early on and they’ve not given him much to work with. He did come out criticising how under equipped he felt he was, so many he hasn’t budged and the club won’t spend. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

Ridiculous. 9-0 is a disgrace for any team in this league, but it’s early on and they’ve not given him much to work with. He did come out criticising how under equipped he felt he was, so many he hasn’t budged and the club won’t spend. 

Harsh as well considering 3 of their games so far have been Man City, Arsenal and Liverpool. 

It's not a surprise and it's a problem he's caused himself.

Scott Parker wanted a lot of players last season and was given a great influence over which players to sign. He got a lot of players but they were all short term targets.

That approach has ruined them now. They have a bloated Championship squad and Scott Parker wants the board to get rid of players that they can't shift on.

I imagine he wanted them to spend heavy again on another upheaval and they've told him in a professional manner to do one.

The last 12 months have felt very unlike Bournemouth. They're usually good at signing players for the long term.

I don't think he is a Premier League manager, he has shown nothing that indicates he can do anything at this level.

The statement seems very cold and distant (usually, you'd get a "we thank Scott for all his hard work, change of direction, all the best in his future career, always welcome at Bournemouth") and it's clear his attacks on the board have led to this, particularly, as The Palace Fan has said, he spearheaded a short-termist, bloated Championship squad and has total mismanaged the step up with short-term thinking. 

This added to the fact he made his attack on the board after an utter humiliation (if they lost 3-0 to Liverpool, I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid but the manner of defeat was horrific) and his only Premier League record is one of being relegated, he didn't really have any cards to play here.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went the practical route and tried to get someone like Large Samuel in.

Seems harsh but also I don’t blame them. Their performance against Liverpool was terrible, visible that they weren’t putting 100% in and the manager is saying there’s nothing more they can do. Doesn’t bode well.

I thought they did try against Liverpool, at least until the usual collapse in confidence that comes in being at least 6 down before the hour mark kicks in and that Parker just wanted to throw blame at everybody but himself. Looking on Bournemouth forums, it looks like he played several players out of position.

He has repeatedly said that his players aren't good enough for the league, that they're going to get thrashed several times over the season and that there's nothing he can do. Never mind attacking the board publicly, he's supposed to be giving his players confidence and building them up. 

I have the impression that this guy thinks he's a lot better than he actually is.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Yeah that's what I think. I personally think he is better than that but wouldn't be surprised if he took it. Personally if I was a Leicester fan I wouldn't mind him.

I would. 

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Tar-Mairon said:

I have the impression that this guy thinks he's a lot better than he actually is.

There is a lot of this going around in the manager ranks.  Lampard, Gerrard, are two examples.

36 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Dyche will hold out for the Everton job.

I've said a couple times on here in the past about Dyche and Everton, it just feels inevitable at some point.

I think Bournemouth may end up with a Championship manager or something like that.

There are going to be few people who will fancy keeping them up without the backing but someone from the division below may see it as an attractive option in being well equipped for next year coming back up.

Get this season done, what will be will be, and build for next year.

Maybe John Terry as a dark horse. He's been waiting to dip his toe in although he might want something a bit easier to get going.

I think the outing of Dean Smith at Villa may have made John Terry question the manager role for the near future at least.

Dyche is an interesting one.

On Parker the talk is of his public utterances rather than just the result seem the factor, though who will fancy the role will be interesting too.

I don't think Dyche will go to Everton mainly because I think talk of Lampard's demise has been exaggerated. Maybe if Everton are adrift and they're heading towards the World Cup but I think the expectations at Everton are so drastically lowered that even if was floating around in 15th or 16th, they wouldn't get rid as this season would be to consolidate. Even if they did, I doubt Moshiri would go for Dyche, Dyche is too "safe" for him.

Ditto Villa who I think have genuine ambitions of top 6 and will want a "name" manager. That's why they went for Gerrard in the first place.

Dyche, if he wants it, I think won't get a lot better than Bournemouth at the moment.

Wilder also linked but don't think he'd leave Boro for them at this moment in time.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I think the outing of Dean Smith at Villa may have made John Terry question the manager role for the near future at least.

Dyche is an interesting one.

On Parker the talk is of his public utterances rather than just the result seem the factor, though who will fancy the role will be interesting too.

Reading the statement Bournemouth put out, it's pretty much down to everything off-field as opposed to results. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Dyche will hold out for the Everton job.

I've said it before that I think dyche could do for Everton what rednapp did for spurs. He built the foundations at spurs and then pochettino took them to the next level. I dont think everton could get a better manager than dyche currently 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Dyche as done enough to go to a club like Leicester 

'a club like Leicester'. Explain?

Dyche did very well with Burnley. I don't doubt that. But his style of football is not conducive to the kind of players we have. We've got very technical players, and they're not overtly physical or aggressive in the slightest. Even if Dyche put his stamp on the team, it'd take at least 1-2 seasons to adapt, and I just can't see us going for a manager like him with what his style is like. 

7 minutes ago, Stan said:

'a club like Leicester'. Explain?

Dyche did very well with Burnley. I don't doubt that. But his style of football is not conducive to the kind of players we have. We've got very technical players, and they're not overtly physical or aggressive in the slightest. Even if Dyche put his stamp on the team, it'd take at least 1-2 seasons to adapt, and I just can't see us going for a manager like him with what his style is like. 

He massively over achieved with Burnley. Like you said it might take a couple of seasons but he has proven he can commit to a club for a long time. Leicester would struggle to get a better manager. Not saying they couldnt but it would be hard. I mean who would you realistically want who is better?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

He massively over achieved with Burnley. Like you said it might take a couple of seasons but he has proven he can commit to a club for a long time. Leicester would struggle to get a better manager. Not saying they couldnt but it would be hard. I mean who would you realistically want who is better?

Ruben Amorim is one that has been talked about for a while. Marco Rose, too. 

We can't afford to 'take a couple of seasons'. We need someone in now that can make a change and can work with the players we have. We can't afford to have someone like Dyche. His style just doesn't match up with what we should be like. 

Just now, Stan said:

Ruben Amorim is one that has been talked about for a while. Marco Rose, too. 

We can't afford to 'take a couple of seasons'. We need someone in now that can make a change and can work with the players we have. We can't afford to have someone like Dyche. His style just doesn't match up with what we should be like. 

You just dont like his football. Just looked up Ruben amorim. He hasn't done anything that suggests to me he is better than dyche. This is the problem with modern football fans they want everything now. 

Archived