talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Boxing

football forum

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

What a tit he is. 

AJ could still fight it depends if they can get a credible replacement in time. There were other heavyweights on the card already. 

What a shame, I was looking forward to AJ knocking Whyte out again. It's very short notice for a credible opponent to be called up. Either way, AJ must be really frustrated and annoyed with this piece of news.

Robert Helenius will replace Dillian Whyte as Anthony Joshua's opponent this Saturday. Although Helenius is not as tough as Whyte(He has already lost to Whyte in the past), he is still an experienced and credible opponent to some degree. He is also seemingly in shape to fight Joshua, as he won a fight in Finland last weekend. Helenius has beaten the likes of Samuel Peter, Kownacki and even Chisora by a split decision in the past. He is a seasoned European heavyweight. However, one still expects Joshua to win this fight comfortably. Joshua will want to make a statement in this fight in front of the home fans in London and I expect him to look for the KO.

In other fights on the undercard, I expect Chisora to defeat Gerald Washington. It would be good to see Chisora win this fight and add another win to his long career.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Michael said:

Robert Helenius will replace Dillian Whyte as Anthony Joshua's opponent this Saturday. Although Helenius is not as tough as Whyte(He has already lost to Whyte in the past), he is still an experienced and credible opponent to some degree. He is also seemingly in shape to fight Joshua, as he won a fight in Finland last weekend. Helenius has beaten the likes of Samuel Peter, Kownacki and even Chisora by a split decision in the past. He is a seasoned European heavyweight. However, one still expects Joshua to win this fight comfortably. Joshua will want to make a statement in this fight in front of the home fans in London and I expect him to look for the KO.

In other fights on the undercard, I expect Chisora to defeat Gerald Washington. It would be good to see Chisora win this fight and add another win to his long career.

I’m such a quick turnaround he was the most realistic opponent they could get.

Whyte is a tit, this is 3 times now. 

13 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I’m such a quick turnaround he was the most realistic opponent they could get.

Whyte is a tit, this is 3 times now. 

Yeah, to be honest, Helenius is a decent choice as a warm up for AJ's much anticipated fight with Wilder. Obviously the Wilder fight has not been sorted yet, but that is who Joshua's team want him to fight next. Helenius is no mug, he's been in the ring with some top heavyweights and beaten some of them. However, AJ is in the top tier of heavyweight boxers, and he will be expected to beat him relatively comfortably. I am sure that AJ will want the KO as well, to make a statement to everyone.

I agree, Whyte is an idiot and I have a suspicion he could be found guilty with this. If so, he can say goodbye to his boxing career.

5 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Anyone watching the AJ fight tonight? not a bad card tbf

Yes, I'll definitely be watching the fights today. AJ v Helenius will be interesting to watch for a number of reasons and I want to see where Chisora is at in his fight against Washington. I also expect Hrgovic to win his fight against McKean. Some good fights tonight.

7 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, I'll definitely be watching the fights today. AJ v Helenius will be interesting to watch for a number of reasons and I want to see where Chisora is at in his fight against Washington. I also expect Hrgovic to win his fight against McKean. Some good fights tonight.

Don't forget the Romford bull, that should be a cracker too. BOSH!!!

Edited by Happy Blue

Hatton goes the 8 rounds, gets the win but looks nothing special 

Fisher fucked that kid up, BOSH!!! he bled like a stuffed pig lol. another stoppage win 

Hrgovic gets the TKO in the 12th , proper snooze fest

Edited by Happy Blue

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Hatton goes the 8 rounds, gets the win but looks nothing special 

Fisher fucked that kid up, BOSH!!! he bled like a stuffed pig lol. another stoppage win 

Hrgovic gets the TKO in the 12th , proper snooze fest

Hatton has got nothing on what his father had. Fisher was always going to win against his opponent and Hrgovic made meal of his fight.

Chisora wearing pink for some reason, but I fully expect him to get the KO in this fight.

Pretty even 1st round. If this goes the 12 rounds I think AJ should feel disappointed. AJ should be looking for the KO before the 11th round at the very least. He should get a relatively swift win. Having said that, it would be hilarious if Helenius wins through a lucky KO, because he's certainly not going to get a shock win on points.

• Subscriber

Must be tough preparing for someone then a change of opponent. He was never losing in the fight and took his time, again, gaining rounds and work… then the killer punch came. Not bad considering the circumstances.