• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Donald Trump

football forum

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently he wants to nuke hurricanes near Africa to stop them getting to America O.o

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Where’d you hear this? 

He said it is not true that this was a consideration taken. But numerous news outlets are picking up the story. 

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

He said it is not true that this was a consideration taken. But numerous news outlets are picking up the story. 

Also looks like one person from a news source allegedly heard him say it. 

Should it be taken as true? No. 

Would you be surprised if Trump actually said it? No

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Also looks like one person from a news source allegedly heard him say it. 

Should it be taken as true? No. 

Would you be surprised if Trump actually said it? No

Exactly. 

Not surprised either way. Although I will say him missing the G7 Summit on Climate Control due to 'scheduling issues', is a massively bad look. 

20 minutes ago, Eco said:

Exactly. 

Not surprised either way. Although I will say him missing the G7 Summit on Climate Control due to 'scheduling issues', is a massively bad look. 

Him still being president is a massively bad look. Him being an unprofessional twat is expected tbh.

6 hours ago, Stick With Azeem said:

MXLqgb9.jpg

Coming from a White House reporter of a major news source 

Not knowing him, even when it's her job, is one thing but referring to him as an "unidentified leader" suggests she wanted to underline her ignorance for some reason...

Hahahaha the idiot took a marker and stretched out the path of Hurricane Dorian so it’d look like his claim that the hurricane was projected to hit Alabama was based on something. Then showed it off to the media as though that would be incredibly convincing.

Except it looks like an moron just drew on a map with a marker xD

Americans should be embarrassed every day he is the president and it’s shameful he is still in office

59 minutes ago, Cicero said:

E cigarettes? But not actual cigarettes? 

Whats the point? 

E-cigarettes are causing that breathing disease that's leading to people suddenly dying.

I'll tell you what, I think he's an appallingly bad president. And he's a disgrace to the United States. But in 2 days he's done two good things: 1.) sacked John Bolton, 2.) pushing for this e-cigarette ban. It doesn't excuse a terrible presidency, but he should get credit when he does things that aren't appallingly bad.

How many e-cigarette related deaths/illnesses have there actually been? and do they actually know what causes those people to react so drastically to e-cigarettes when there are loads of people that seem unaffected by it?

Back to Cicero's point though, if this is being banned then why not actual cigarettes that, everyone has known for a long time, leads to lung cancer?

All the news around cigarettes, e-cigarettes and alcohol prove one thing, marijuana is serving time for no reason. #FreeMarijuana

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

How many e-cigarette related deaths/illnesses have there actually been? and do they actually know what causes those people to react so drastically to e-cigarettes when there are loads of people that seem unaffected by it?

Back to Cicero's point though, if this is being banned then why not actual cigarettes that, everyone has known for a long time, leads to lung cancer?

All the news around cigarettes, e-cigarettes and alcohol prove one thing, marijuana is serving time for no reason. #FreeMarijuana

I'm gonna address these points in reverse order. I don't know why, my brain's just telling me to do that.

1.) Fully agree - #FreeMarijuana. As someone who's been battling a nicotine addiction that I gave myself like an idiot over a decade ago... fuck cigarettes and e-cigarettes. I like drinking, but it's undoubtedly more harmful. Meanwhile what's the worst that can happen to you if you smoke to much weed? You might be a bit more dumb than you are before, but the world is full of stupid people so that's not a big deal - and it's not like it puts you out like alcohol. And you might get a bit more fat because food tastes better. No good reason to have marijuana treated the way it is.

Especially because it's not physically addictive in the way that alcohol and nicotine are. You can mentally be addicted to smoking weed, but you can mentally be addicted to eating cookies. Cheese is more physically fucking addictive than weed.

HAVING SAID THAT - the weed vape pens are the most likely to be containing vitamin e acetate that's causing this lung disease. So it's not just flavoured nicotine that's the issue really. It's a chemical used in vaping oils.

2.) There's 2 big arguments to why e-cigarettes are less harmful than real cigarettes. Since I'm using numbers here, I'll use letters. a.) Yeah cigarettes cause lung cancer, which kills a ridiculous number of people a year. And it also makes you more of a stroke risk, more likely to get other lung diseases. But that's a bit different to an addictive product that within a year or two can give you a lung disease that'll suddenly kill you. b.) It's the United States of America and the tobacco lobby is incredibly powerful - you'll never see smoking banned in the US until it's really just a handful of people in the US smoking. And even then, I imagine Virginia Tobacco is a massive export.

3.) I think in the US it's only about 6 cases of people dying. But hundreds of people with this lung illness. The big concern is that it's causing people to suddenly be sick to the point they need hospitalisation or that they'll suddenly die. When you've got a 20 year old in hospital with the lungs of a 70 year old and they've only been vaping for about 6 months... that's a pretty serious concern imo. And that's more serious of an issue to me than people smoking cigarettes and knowing they're increasing the likelihood of cutting their lives short - because they're not expecting to be suddenly in hospital or dead.

36 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Apparently it's illegal THC cartridges (whatever that is) that caused these issues rather than regular usage. In which case banning e-cigarettes or flavoured e-cigarettes makes no sense...

Illegal THC cartridges are the weed vapes. But it's not really conclusive that it's only these THC cartridges - most cartridges tested had vitamin E acetate. But this was also found in e-cigarettes. The vitamin E acetate is what's tied to this lung illness & the sudden deaths.

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's the United States of America and the tobacco lobby is incredibly powerful - you'll never see smoking banned in the US until it's really just a handful of people in the US smoking. And even then, I imagine Virginia Tobacco is a massive export.

Boehner previously served as the House Minority Leader from 2007 until 2011, and House Majority Leader from 2006 until 2007. Boehner resigned from the House of Representatives in October 2015 due to opposition from within the Republican caucus.

In September 2016, Squire Patton Boggs, the third largest lobbying firm in the U.S., announced that Boehner would join their firm. It was also announced that Boehner would become a board member of Reynolds American, the second biggest tobacco firm in the U.S., for an estimated annual salary of $400,000.[4]

xD 

A crack just emerged in the financial markets: The NY Fed spends $53 billion to rescue the overnight lending market

New York (CNN Business)Borrowing rates skyrocketed on Tuesday in a corner of the markets the public rarely notices but that is critical to the functioning of the global financial system.

The spike in overnight borrowing rates forced the New York Federal Reserve to come to the rescue with a special operation aimed at easing stress in financial markets.

It was the NY Fed's first such rescue operation in a decade, the last occurring in late 2008.
"It's unprecedented, at least in the post-crisis era," said Mark Cabana, rates strategist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
On Tuesday morning, the NY Fed launched what's called an "overnight repo operation,"during which the central bank attempts to ease pressure in markets by purchasing Treasuries and other securities. The goal is to pump money into the system to keep borrowing costs from creeping above the Fed's target range .

Rest of the article :

He currently retweeted a false claim made by one of his idiot supporters that Ilhan Omar went out to a party on the anniversary of 9/11 even though it was on the anniversary of 9/11. Retweeting something like this from one of his crazy supporters makes him look ridiculous as usual but I think if people are still on the Trump train then they don't care about him looking ridiculous.

Question is, what's the protocol for Americans on September 11th? North Korea style forced crying all day? That's how American right wingers seem to be responding...

Oh there's so much controversy lately with him. But he was here in San Diego yesterday to fuck up my morning commute and to take a gander at the border wall that already existed between San Diego and Tijuana, as well as the new updates to the fencing around the wall on the U.S. side. He took credit for the wall that already existed being built, though, of course.

But upon his return to California since the big wildfires (that he pulled FEMA funding for, shortly before offering to help Putin out with the Siberia fires)… he also announced he was canceling California's ability to set it's own emissions standards (which have become the de facto emissions standards for the country). California's been able to set it's own emission standards since the 70s because it's the most populous state (it's also the economic backbone of the United States, so it's weird he seems constantly at war with the state) and LA smog was significantly worse than it is now. And it wasn't just LA dealing with the smog.

Not quite sure why he hates the environment so much, but he hates California because it votes democrat in most areas... so it's just part of his personal war economic backbone of the country just because he's a petty twat. I don't see how it'll help him get more California voters though.

In other news, there's this big whistleblower scandal: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trumps-communications-with-foreign-leader-are-part-of-whistleblower-complaint-that-spurred-standoff-between-spy-chief-and-congress-former-officials-say/2019/09/18/df651aa2-da60-11e9-bfb1-849887369476_story.html - apparently a whistleblower came forward about Trump's conversations with a foreign leader, stating he felt it was an obvious threat to our national security. But the acting Director of National Intelligence decided that the House Intelligence Committee didn't need to know that his boss (the orange twat in the oval office) had the whistle blown on him. Now there's a standoff between this acting Director of National Intelligence and Congress... over this whistleblowers report... which again... states that the United States President is a threat to the United States.

This is why is so critical that the democrats get someone that beats trump. 

I think Biden is the only option. Single term president to steady the ship, patch up the Obama legacy, stop the bleeding in international alliances and turn the tides on all the judicial appointments. 

If you look at the swing states and the ones Clinton lost Biden is really the only candidate in the top 5 likely to win them all. 

• The title was changed to Donald Trump

Archived