talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

UK Politics & Brexit Discussion

football forum

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

I don't think it is that unclear. 

If you wanted to make care arrangements, then you could have someone come and pick up your child. That's really the only way to square "don't leave your home for any reason" with "you can make arrangements for your children".

Aye but if the people caring can’t pick up your child? Regardless it doesn’t matter as the secondary trips to Durham have been highlighted 

16 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't think many people think this is a partisan issue but there's bound to be a few idiots who will fight to the bitter end.

He's not even a member of the Tory party which makes them look even more idiotic for defending him so desperately. 

He looks down on them, discredits them, and yet they're desperate to hold onto him. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Inverted said:

He's not even a member of the Tory party which makes them look even more idiotic for defending him so desperately. 

He looks down on them, discredits them, and yet they're desperate to hold onto him. 

Baker on Sky News earlier was quite open about discussing him and his own dislike for him. He mentioned that the only person Cummings respects in government is Gove...

• Administrator

Starmer has asked for the Cabinet Secretary to launch an inquiry in to this whole Cummings debacle. Saying it's an insult to sacrifices made by the British people with no action being taken by Johnson

Johnson has obviously been spending all morning with Cummings to make sure they get their stories straight before coming out and sticking with the plan of defiance against the critics, covering as many possible pitfalls as they can I should imagine like any photos or leaks that might pull the rug from under them at a later date, then just basically saying none of what anyone else has to say is true...

He would have known where he was as well so not buying this Johnson doesn't know where he is at any point or time, His closest aide in the middle of a crisis of course he knew where he was which means he kept it under wraps... He will just be hoping to weather the storm now and wait for things to die down, only more people of influence throwing their weight behind it will maybe cause a few cracks to appear.. For now though as always it seems he is skating on very thin ice... 

You know what they say about adversity, it does not build character, it shows it.... 

Sad to say but I have no faith at all in this government... 

There we go. Lockdown rules are a matter of personal conscience. Everyone who let a relative die alone, missed a childbirth, or watched a funeral on a screen, just didn't care enough.

They didn't care as much about their family as Dominic Cummings.

I honestly didn't think these vermin could disgust me anymore than they already had. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

There we go. Lockdown rules are a matter of personal conscience. Everyone who let a relative die alone, missed a childbirth, or watched a funeral on a screen, just didn't care enough.

They didn't care as much about their family as Dominic Cummings.

This is probably the thing that will bother people the most... 

• Subscriber

The maddest thing is that if they'd have showed some fake contrition, admitted he made a mistake and that disciplinary measures would be taken but he won't lose his job, people would kick and scream about it for a while longer but it would eventually die down.

The unashamed attempt to twist it and escape with clear falsehoods they've used to try and defend the indefensible has multiplied the rage ten-fold.

Political suicide. I was astounded when they signalled their intention to fight this yesterday but they sort of made a decent fist of it to an extent. The second Mirror article last night has absolutely killed them though and it's beyond belief that they're trying to cling on. The deleted tweet may have been a hack job but some SAGE contributors have tweeted their open revolt against the government already. More Conservative MPs will join the 8 or so that have already broken ranks.

They've completely and utterly misjudged this on every level. On all news outlets, social media, listening to LBC right now, only The CORE and other similar right wing activist accounts are clinging on.

Remember, Mogg said Grenfell victims were dumb for following advice to stay in their homes rather than using their common sense to escape.

If you're a normal person and you break the rules, you deserve to be punished. On the other hand, if you obey the rules, you're a sucker and you deserve all the hardships compliance brings.  

They think they are a different species, and that rules exist to regulate the mindless drones that vote they govern, while they themselves are free to utilise their superior instincts in whatever way they see fit. 

Edited by Inverted

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Dont really agree with that to be fair. I have no sympathy for him and his wife but pretty fucking unpleasant for the 4 year old boy.

Save it for outside Downing Street if you want to have your say.

None of the bellends are social distancing either 

Judging from online speculation, the next line of defence they're going to unveil could be that Cummings' child is autistic. I don't see why they would need to. They've already nuked the whole concept of lockdown, so by their own reckoning there's no longer any legal or framework to even judge Cummings' trip through. 

It would fit the MO, being another enormous gamble, basically hoping that the odds that people will be guilted into silence outweigh the odds of potentially igniting another wave of fury from the tens of thousands of families, who spent the last 2 months struggling to care for disabled children within the guidance. 

And it really is pure guilt they would be counting on, since the child being autistic or not really has no practical bearing on the guidance relating to the trip the Cummingses made. Autism isn't a risk factor for covid-19, it doesn't explain there being more than one trip, and they didn't even receive childcare once they got to Durham. They were well enough to make the trip and well enough to care for the child.

Not to mention that if they felt it was so unambiguously proper, they needn't have covered it up with false stories and statements whilst the first trip was happening.

But so far I think it's just people going through a worst-case scenario of where the government line might go next. Really hope they don't weaponise the child even more if they are special needs, just because everything else has fallen flat.

Edited by Inverted

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Judging from online speculation, the next line of defence they're going to unveil could be that Cummings' child is autistic. 

It would fit the MO, being another enormous gamble, basically hoping that the odds that people will be guilted into silence outweigh the odds of potentially igniting another wave of fury from the tens of thousands of families, who spent the last 2 months struggling to care for disabled children within the guidance. 

And it really is pure guilt they would be counting on, since the child being autistic or not really has no practical bearing on the guidance relating to the trip the Cummingses made. Autism isn't a risk factor for covid-19, it doesn't explain there being more than one trip, and they didn't even receive childcare once they got to Durham. They were well enough to make the trip and well enough to care for the child.

Not to mention that if they felt it was so unambiguously proper, they needn't have covered it up with false stories and statements whilst the first trip was happening.

But so far I think it's just people going through a worst-case scenario of where the government line might go next. Really hope they don't weaponise the child even more if they are special needs, just because everything else has fallen flat.

It's a huge thing if they're specifically using a child's disability to pardon the actions of the parents. Like, absolutely monstrously huge. 

It doesn't even excuse the 2nd trip allegedly on the 19th whereby there's witness proof that his car was in Durham so I'm guessing there'll be ANPR hits from London to Durham. :what:

What I find fascinating is Boris said Cummings was 'near incapacitated' before making the first journey up. What the fuck is he doing driving up in such a condition then? How is that possibly safe for the child in any case? Bombing it up at 70mph on the motorway when near incapacitated due to the virus?! 

But then even when they get there, they all stayed in one room anyway?! So there goes the traveling for childcare reason... 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Danny said:

For journalists?

For Cummings. 

Happy to drive (potentially on more than one occasion) whilst having symptoms and break the 'do not leave your house for any reason' ruling but uses the 2m thing as he walks out of his house. 

Of course they should be social distancing but it's just a bit ironic he's calling them out for it following his own actions...