• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leicester 4-0 Nottm Forest - Monday 3rd October, 2022

football forums

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Looking more like a lame duck at the minute... 

Yeah but what're they going to do if they can't get a manager that can get a squad they don't want to invest in to overperform? Klopp is key to FSG's policy of sell-to-spend. If they sack him, he'll get a good job elsewhere and we'll be left struggling as FSG wonder why we suddenly look much worse.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but what're they going to do if they can't get a manager that can get a squad they don't want to invest in to overperform? Klopp is key to FSG's policy of sell-to-spend. If they sack him, he'll get a good job elsewhere and we'll be left struggling as FSG wonder why we suddenly look much worse.

Strange season... You might normally expect a drop off to some degree with any side but this is well below what you might have expected... TAA has looked very suspect so far, and when I say that I am talking about his overall attitude when losing the ball like not tracking back etc.. don't know what's going on with him, has something gone on behind the scenes maybe?? It can't be about playing time... 

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Strange season... You might normally expect a drop off to some degree with any side but this is well below what you might have expected... TAA has looked very suspect so far, and when I say that I am talking about his overall attitude when losing the ball like not tracking back etc.. don't know what's going on with him, has something gone on behind the scenes maybe?? It can't be about playing time... 

I honestly think a lot of players had their confidence knocked last season by getting so close to winning everything, but failing at the final hurdles for both the league and CL. I honestly think part of what might be plaguing us is VVD & Fabinho both sort of look like they aren't really arsed at all - it makes me think they're trying to save themselves for the World Cup, tbh.

Trent tbh seems totally out of confidence. Bad start to the season, weirdly getting picked to start for England even though he's well out of form (Southgate's a weirdo, btw, hated starting him while he was one of the best performing fullbacks in Europe... happy to start him when he looks dogshit. And then comes out and puts some pretty harsh criticism on the player, to further knock his confidence). And I think if you couple that with our weird tactical shift to our right side... maybe he's also a bit frustrated he's being asked to do what's out of his comfort zone.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

image.png

Blows my mind how he can't get a game for England when this current England side is screaming out for a bit of fucking creativity.

• Subscriber

Have to say even if Rodgers is still on a hiding to nothing, Leicester will always have the occasional night like this in their locker by the simple law of averages because of the quality of some of their players.

You'd think 4-0 will build some momentum into the next fixtures even if the fans remain firmly against Rodgers.

Forest looking in real trouble. You need to be doing better than this after all those players you've brought in. All very Fernandes-era QPR this. Their only points coming against West Ham who started terribly, and at Goodison when we still had half a team to sign. What a disappointing result that looks for us now.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Have to say even if Rodgers is still on a hiding to nothing, Leicester will always have the occasional night like this in their locker by the simple law of averages because of the quality of some of their players.

You'd think 4-0 will build some momentum into the next fixtures even if the fans remain firmly against Rodgers.

Forest looking in real trouble. You need to be doing better than this after all those players you've brought in. All very Fernandes-era QPR this. Their only points coming against West Ham who started terribly, and at Goodison when we still had half a team to sign. What a disappointing result that looks for us now.

Completely right analysis. Their win over West Ham was one of the biggest heists I've ever seen as well. Complete fluke and said it at the time. I've been on the lookout for dross to give me some assurance. Well I think we were presented with it tonight.

I think tonight proves to me there's no way that squad should be fighting relegation. That isn't to say we don't deserve to be 19th, we absolutely do, but we've been badly underperforming.

Think that's Rodgers probably safe until the World Cup. The owner was there tonight and will feel totally vindicated in sticking with him. Found it interesting that he wasn't in the lap of honour at the end though when he usually always has been after a win.

• The title was changed to Leicester 4-0 Nottm Forest - Monday 3rd October, 2022

Nottingham looked good in the first 20min then they went behind and you could see the intensity fell off.   If Awoniyi gets that first goal who knows how the game unfolds.   They did have a 1.19xG to Leicester's 1.33 so they were in it.   Leicester did well from 20min onwards they controlled the game well,  did look a bit tentative in defense but I think the mood looked good yesterday.   If they are to climb up they will need the fans on their side. 

• Administrator
Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

Nottingham looked good in the first 20min then they went behind and you could see the intensity fell off.   If Awoniyi gets that first goal who knows how the game unfolds.   They did have a 1.19xG to Leicester's 1.33 so they were in it.   Leicester did well from 20min onwards they controlled the game well,  did look a bit tentative in defense but I think the mood looked good yesterday.   If they are to climb up they will need the fans on their side. 

xG is shite. 

Forest didn't look that good? We had the better chances and their only chance came with that Awoniyi one which he should have buried. 

Defence was much better, agreed. They mopped up a lot but Forest did make ti easier. 

Bournemouth are much more organised and structured, so will be a much bigger test for the defence. They'll most likely attack us more and probably not afford Maddison and Dewsbury-Hall so much space. 

Just now, Stan said:

xG is shite. 

Forest didn't look that good? We had the better chances and their only chance came with that Awoniyi one which he should have buried. 

Defence was much better, agreed. They mopped up a lot but Forest did make ti easier. 

Bournemouth are much more organised and structured, so will be a much bigger test for the defence. They'll most likely attack us more and probably not afford Maddison and Dewsbury-Hall so much space. 

I didn't say Nottingham were great in the Man City mould but they did ask some questions early.   The first goal set the tempo after that,  Forest faded hard after the 1-2 punch.    Inside the first 20 they were spritely and had Awonyiyi got that one in you never know what would have happened with the frail confidence.

I don't think xG is rubbish as a stat,  but yes Leicester were well on for 3 points and I think every non-leicester fan here had them beating Forest so the result wasn't shocking.   For me the big thing about last night was seeing the difference fans make when they get in support of the team rather than on their backs.    I really liked Harvey Barnes yesterday and Dewsbury-Hall is a neat player. 

• Subscriber

We deserved the win but you do wonder what pans out if Awoniyi scores. We're still too easy to create against - even yesterday.

Maddison is outrageous. I know you're wanting him at Newcastle but I really think he can do better. He could go straight to the Champions League I think.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I didn't say Nottingham were great in the Man City mould but they did ask some questions early.   The first goal set the tempo after that,  Forest faded hard after the 1-2 punch.    Inside the first 20 they were spritely and had Awonyiyi got that one in you never know what would have happened with the frail confidence.

I don't think xG is rubbish as a stat,  but yes Leicester were well on for 3 points and I think every non-leicester fan here had them beating Forest so the result wasn't shocking.   For me the big thing about last night was seeing the difference fans make when they get in support of the team rather than on their backs.    I really liked Harvey Barnes yesterday and Dewsbury-Hall is a neat player. 

The fans haven't turned up at games immediately on the teams backs. I'll concede that it's built up during games but Ward for example has his name sung every game, despite how poor he's been.

People reacted yesterday, one because it's Forest, two because they were terrible, three because we went for their throat. It is a cycle and it's the first time it hasn't broken down in a long time.

I'm nowhere near convinced by us and I still think we'll lose at Bournemouth though. I hope to be wrong but I can just see it. They're a bit more organised than Forest.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, Stan said:

I genuinely forgot Lingard was playing until he came off. Such a bad signing for them. 

The little disco dancing shite bag would have been better off going back to the hammers where he did well when on loan there from United but it looked like a better payday at Forest for him than the hammers could offer, money talks to buy his mobiles and disco dancing.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived