talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

I have the new Hyrule Warriors from Tecmo downloading on my Switch. Considering the good reviews its getting cant wait to play it.

Been tempted on it as I do have a bit of a guilty pleasure for the Dynasty Warriors series in general, but I haven't played a lot of the Zelda series to really get into it. 

• Subscriber
45 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Been tempted on it as I do have a bit of a guilty pleasure for the Dynasty Warriors series in general, but I haven't played a lot of the Zelda series to really get into it. 

Don't think you really need to have much of the Zelda lore to get into it. If you've played BoTW I think thats more than sufficient. A lot of people are saying the story doesnt add more to the game. The only gripe was that frames dropped a bit here and there but the fact that its live-action vs turn-based might be a good thing.

On 25/11/2020 at 09:33, Mel81x said:

Don't think you really need to have much of the Zelda lore to get into it. If you've played BoTW I think thats more than sufficient. A lot of people are saying the story doesnt add more to the game. The only gripe was that frames dropped a bit here and there but the fact that its live-action vs turn-based might be a good thing.

Ah ok, fair enough. Ironically from what I said before, I never knew Dynasty Warriors was based on anything until about the 4th game due to the back story provided. 

Got Yakuza 6 now so it's time to start that, though I might have gone a tad over the top this week. Ordered both God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn just now, as well as downloading the Spyro trilogy from the PS Store. Chuck the possibility of Crash 4 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 11 as well for Christmas and I might be sorted for a while. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Ah ok, fair enough. Ironically from what I said before, I never knew Dynasty Warriors was based on anything until about the 4th game due to the back story provided. 

Got Yakuza 6 now so it's time to start that, though I might have gone a tad over the top this week. Ordered both God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn just now, as well as downloading the Spyro trilogy from the PS Store. Chuck the possibility of Crash 4 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 11 as well for Christmas and I might be sorted for a while. 

Thats a good backlog to take into 2021.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Thats a good backlog to take into 2021.

Judging by how quick I go these days, probably take me to 2022 as well. 

34 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So im about 77 odd hours into AC Odyssey now and Its clearly the best AC Ive played so far, very very good game. I cant wait to play Valhalla when Im done :D

There's part of me that wants to go back to them, but at the same time I'm so far behind that I really can't be arsed either. 

Haven't played any of them since Black Flag. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Judging by how quick I go these days, probably take me to 2022 as well. 

There's part of me that wants to go back to them, but at the same time I'm so far behind that I really can't be arsed either. 

Haven't played any of them since Black Flag. 

So Blackflag funny enough was the one in the series i havent played, Ive been meaning to pick it up at some point as Ive heard nothing but great things about it. Origins it did start to change a bunch and mostly for the good but I would almost say you could skip it, Odyssey is just better.  

11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

So Blackflag funny enough was the one in the series i havent played, Ive been meaning to pick it up at some point as Ive heard nothing but great things about it. Origins it did start to change a bunch and mostly for the good but I would almost say you could skip it, Odyssey is just better.  

At the time, I was doing a series playthrough (from the first game up to the third) and while it wasn't too bad, I started to feel fatigue from it, especially after playing Revelations (didn't like it, though at least it made me play it more stealthily thanks to the terrible tower defence game) and three (Connor was a whiney cock). 

Of the five I played, I only really liked the second and Brotherhood, which probably didn't help. 

Edited by Bluebird Hewitt

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

At the time, I was doing a series playthrough (from the first game up to the third) and while it wasn't too bad, I started to feel fatigue from it, especially after playing Revelations (didn't like it, though at least it made me play it more stealthily thanks to the terrible tower defence game) and three (Connor was a whiney cock). 

Of the five I played, I only really liked the second and Brotherhood, which probably didn't help. 

I pretty much share your opinion if it helps, Revelations was a real slogfest.... i think i only did about 60 odd % completion just to finish the main story. Brotherhood was more along the right track but the games do take a real upgrade in Origins, its much more like a real open world rpg game with some assassins creed elements.... Origins still had some of the same issues but there was just so much more you could do and Oddysey they hit their stride imo. 

On 27/11/2020 at 18:41, Viva la FCB said:

So im about 77 odd hours into AC Odyssey now and Its clearly the best AC Ive played so far, very very good game. I cant wait to play Valhalla when Im done :D

Amazing game, the DLC is great too, currently playing Valhalla, 2nd best AC game for me so far but not even half way through yet

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 01/12/2020 at 05:27, Viva la FCB said:

And im done all the side and secondary stories. Definitely my favourite AC game to date.

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Amazing game, the DLC is great too, currently playing Valhalla, 2nd best AC game for me so far but not even half way through yet

Wow really... that’s good news. 

Cant wait to play it on the PS5. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Did you manage to get your hands on one? I know you were trying to get one and Sony WW said they'll have more coming in the second week of December.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Did you manage to get your hands on one? I know you were trying to get one and Sony WW said they'll have more coming in the second week of December.

Not yet, but I will! 

I think you’d know if I had as i would have  posted excited pictures in the PS5 thread :$ xD

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Did you get yours @Mel81x ? You said you were a week away... but also prior to that you were getting a series x iirc?

Comes on Tuesday next week. Going to wait to open it with my nephew who wanted to get one but supplies here have been non-existent forget poor. Might just give it to him over the Xmas break and pick it back up in Jan as my backlog which I thought I'd gone over has slowly started to rear its ugly head again.

5 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Played 4hrs last night, it's getting even better now the story is progressing!  ..i love the fact that even when it's supposed to be stealthy mission you can just run up to the gates and smash some cunt in the face with an Axe instead and fight your way through xD ..apparently it runs amazing on the PS5, i will be getting the new X next year at some point but will wait for the devs to get to grips with the new hardware first and the true next gen games to come out as they are struggling with it at the minute and i have a One X that i want to get a bit more use out of

Oh wait, think you was talking about Odyssey :4_joy: ..yep!, that's in my top 5 games of all time, great game

Edited by Happy Blue

Today's progress on Yakuza 6.

Kiryu Kazuma visits a new place, fights a yakuza and then........... rushes around the area to find milk to give a baby he's looking after, all while having to stop the baby crying occasionally by swinging, lifting up doing 'Upsy Daisy' with the baby and rubbing its head in a mini game. 

You know, the usual stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...