talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

7 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I'm way behind in the Assassins Creed series now. May pick it back up at some point, but not sure when. 

I haven't played all of them. I played the Pirate one and the Paris one, but missed the American revolution stuff & the London industrial revolution (I have that downloaded, somehow, though) - or any of the ones in between those and the current one.

I used to love the series, but after the Black Flag - the Paris one (I can't even remember the game) sort of wore me out (although I still think it's a good game - it just drags on because there's a lot of repetitive content). So far, Valhalla seems way less stale to me now. Probably because the world is gigantic and there's quite a bit of diversity in the quests it's had me do (so far).

A lot of people think Odyssey is better, so I'll probably pick that up at some point after I finish this one. But maybe after I play a few other games so I don't feel burnt out on the series, because they're quite long and they do have a lot of stuff in them.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I haven't played all of them. I played the Pirate one and the Paris one, but missed the American revolution stuff & the London industrial revolution (I have that downloaded, somehow, though) - or any of the ones in between those and the current one.

I used to love the series, but after the Black Flag - the Paris one (I can't even remember the game) sort of wore me out (although I still think it's a good game - it just drags on because there's a lot of repetitive content). So far, Valhalla seems way less stale to me now. Probably because the world is gigantic and there's quite a bit of diversity in the quests it's had me do (so far).

A lot of people think Odyssey is better, so I'll probably pick that up at some point after I finish this one. But maybe after I play a few other games so I don't feel burnt out on the series, because they're quite long and they do have a lot of stuff in them.

Haven't played any of them to some point since the third one (Connor was a whiney cock). Dabbled in Black Flag a tiny bit but that's it. Haven't bothered with any of the others after that.

Think part of the reason I haven't carried on is because each one (at least at that point) followed on from each other. That and as you mentioned, they started to get repetitive. 

The Paris one I think is Unity, with the London one being Syndicate. 

11 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Haven't played any of them to some point since the third one (Connor was a whiney cock). Dabbled in Black Flag a tiny bit but that's it. Haven't bothered with any of the others after that.

Think part of the reason I haven't carried on is because each one (at least at that point) followed on from each other. That and as you mentioned, they started to get repetitive. 

The Paris one I think is Unity, with the London one being Syndicate. 

I think after the original trilogy, they sort of continue on from their "present day" story in a way that can stand alone by itself as a story without too much knowledge of the other games. For me, personally, the main story with the synchronisations/simulations and all that is sort of secondary to the "historical" story of each game though so me not being fully cued in on the lore isn't that big of a deal to me.

• Subscriber

I accidentally stumbled upon a new game called The Life & Suffering of Sir Brante, and just had to check it out, as for some reason, the name reminded me of Goethe's Die Leiden des jungen Werther and I found it intriguing xD Very interesting concept... It's more of an interactive visual novel/choose your own adventure/pen-and-paper RPG than a "proper game"; very well written, pretty dark, and deals with quite interesting heavy themes. About one third through now. 

• Subscriber

Finished Medium and now I am grinding out Curse of the Dead Gods. Its a dungeon crawler with a good twist. If you've got time to burn and want something easy to get into but a bit challenging as well this is a good game.

After finishing The Last Of us 2, I purchased the killer within me. I never knew it was from 2013, am sure in it's day it was a great game. But after playing tlou2, the difference is night and day, the killer within me is just so dated. I've ordered Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, the last Tomb Raider game they made, is it any good?

3 hours ago, MUFC said:

After finishing The Last Of us 2, I purchased the killer within me. I never knew it was from 2013, am sure in it's day it was a great game. But after playing tlou2, the difference is night and day, the killer within me is just so dated. I've ordered Shadow Of The Tomb Raider, the last Tomb Raider game they made, is it any good?

Haven't played Rise of the Tomb Raider (the one before it), so haven't played Shadow either. Heard it's good but not on par with the others. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Haven't played Rise of the Tomb Raider (the one before it), so haven't played Shadow either. Heard it's good but not on par with the others. 

At least you didn't say you've got it but not played it yet lol.

Just now, MUFC said:

At least you didn't say you've got it but not played it yet lol.

I've tried to curb that a tiny bit. Not done too well mind. xD

For me, I'm coming close to finishing a good run through of Judgment. Have almost completed the main story and side cases/stories, but I will say that it's a fair bit harder in places than the main Yakuza games. Have lost a few times over the game as the amount of energy certain enemies can take off you is huge. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I've tried to curb that a tiny bit. Not done too well mind. xD

For me, I'm coming close to finishing a good run through of Judgment. Have almost completed the main story and side cases/stories, but I will say that it's a fair bit harder in places than the main Yakuza games. Have lost a few times over the game as the amount of energy certain enemies can take off you is huge. 

Just looked into this Yakuza game, they've more copies then they've made Die Hard movies lol.

• Subscriber

Stalled out a couple times on AC Valhalla, think im done for awhile. Gets pretty monotonous which to be fair alot of the AC series does but the whole raiding england rinse and repeat missions for way to many hours doesnt have my attention anymore where as previous ones did. I picked up RDR2 where I left off on my second play through, just a stark contract of what a real good game is, refreshing again.

I will get to Ghosts of Tsushima in the next little bit.

Edited by Viva la FCB

15 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Stalled out a couple times on AC Valhalla, think im done for awhile. Gets pretty monotonous which to be fair alot of the AC series does but the whole raiding england rinse and repeat missions for way to many hours doesnt have my attention anymore where as previous ones did. I picked up RDR2 where I left off on my second play through, just a stark contract of what a real good game is, refreshing again.

Same here, started so well but England has bored me to death. I've claimed three bits of the map and it's just "Go here, speak to him, kill them" Rinse. And. Repeat. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Same here, started so well but England has bored me to death. I've claimed three bits of the map and it's just "Go here, speak to him, kill them" Rinse. And. Repeat. 

Same here I did 3 spots as well xD Its a shame but I enjoyed Odyssey alot more. 

22 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Same here I did 3 spots as well xD Its a shame but I enjoyed Odyssey alot more. 

I didn't do Ohyssey, but did Origins (and all its DLC). Absolutely loved that. I'm hoping that post England is gets going, because I really would like to love it.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I didn't do Ohyssey, but did Origins (and all its DLC). Absolutely loved that. I'm hoping that post England is gets going, because I really would like to love it.

Ive basically played every AC game except Black Flag - and I still want to pick that one up at some point. Im in the same boat I want to love it, I want to grit through but Ive taken more then one 3+ week break and I just cant pick it up and enjoy it enough to get back into it. Origins was solid, I quite liked it but do yourself a favour and pick up Odyssey. 

On 18/03/2021 at 20:01, Dr. Gonzo said:

If any of you play Assassins Creed: Valhala, I don't want to give away any spoilers because I really like the game...

... but I hate the main character's brother.

Just ignore his brother mate, don't let him have a negative impact on your life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

That in bold is basically why I stopped with the series in general (did up to 3).

It was basically the same game but with a different layer until they did Origins (I think). 

Very late to the party, but GTA V. 

I've played every GTA game so far, even though IV was already slow as shit on my old computer. Now that I've got a new one, I finally bought V for 15 Euros. :) Played the first missions already. Great game. My favourite gaming series besides Football Manager. 

• Wow 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

Very late to the party, but GTA V. 

I've played every GTA game so far, even though IV was already slow as shit on my old computer. Now that I've got a new one, I finally bought V for 15 Euros. :) Played the first missions already. Great game. My favourite gaming series besides Football Manager. 

GTA V is quality in fairness. Thought it was far better than GTA IV, which I wasn't a huge fan of. 

• Upvote 1