talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What are you playing?

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Fair enough. xD

Some are not too bad. For example, I would class The Last of Us more as survival horror with tension rather than being outright scary.

Of course, Alien Isolation would fall more under scary due to its atmosphere and, from what I heard, the Alien AI itself being very good when it becomes cat and mouse. I still need to finish that.

Alien Isolation is the game I know I will never play, thanks to @Mel81x's great depiction of how scary it is a while ago xD 

I am ok with tension and suspense, but I'm a complete chickenshit when it comes to jumpscares and monsters appearing out of nowhere xD 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, nudge said:

but I'm a complete chickenshit when it comes to jumpscares and monsters appearing out of nowhere xD 

I remember playing the Resident Evil games as a kid, and always shitting myself when I opened a door. xD

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

I remember playing the Resident Evil games as a kid, and always shitting myself when I opened a door. xD

I used to have sleepovers at my best friend's place at the time and Resident Evil is also what we played late at night alone with the lights off. I think I have been scarred by the experience... xD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I used to have sleepovers at my best friend's place at the time and Resident Evil is also what we played late at night alone with the lights off. I think I have been scarred by the experience... xD 

Resi 2 gave me two shit your pants moments as I simply didn't expect it. One involving a licker and the other (which never gets spoken about surprisingly) involving the tyrant. I don't tend to jump that easily as you can see when it's coming, but those two moments definitely shit my pants.

• Haha 2

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, nudge said:

Alien Isolation is the game I know I will never play, thanks to @Mel81x's great depiction of how scary it is a while ago xD 

I am ok with tension and suspense, but I'm a complete chickenshit when it comes to jumpscares and monsters appearing out of nowhere xD 

I think its not a bad game from a scare perspective but it will give you a lot of jump scares initially just because you have no idea where the Alien is coming from (at first). I know two friends who dont like scary games that have played it and actually quite liked it but I suppose its not for everyone.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If you (or anyone else) likes Rick & Morty… you’ll probably like this game. It’s basically Rick & Morty meets Doom (at least so far).

I actually haven't watched Rick & Morty 😅

4 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

I’m glad it’s popular - it deserves success. It takes a lot of what the recent Doom reboots did really well, adds it’s own interesting game mechanics that make it very fun, has a unique art style, and is pretty funny.

Ticks a lot of boxes for a fun single player shooter.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Stray over the Christmas holidays and loved it, finishing the main story this morning. It's not the biggest of games (I finished with a time of just under 7hrs) but it was really fun to play a game a bit outside of the box, playing as a stray cat in a post apocalyptic world inhabited by robots. I played it in three settings and was glued to the screen for each one - I only wish it was a touch longer (or that the devs would potentially drop a DLC to keep the story going). If it's ever on sale (for around £15 or so) then I really recommend picking it up. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

Picked up Stray over the Christmas holidays and loved it, finishing the main story this morning. It's not the biggest of games (I finished with a time of just under 7hrs) but it was really fun to play a game a bit outside of the box, playing as a stray cat in a post apocalyptic world inhabited by robots. I played it in three settings and was glued to the screen for each one - I only wish it was a touch longer (or that the devs would potentially drop a DLC to keep the story going). If it's ever on sale (for around £15 or so) then I really recommend picking it up. 

I heard a lot about this. I might actually pick this up when it's on sale. It looks visually stunning too. 

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Wished it was a bit longer too. Was a great game from the start to finish.

Stardew Valley. I've been interested in that game for a long time now, always reading what it's about etc. So I finally caved in and bought it for 9 Euros or so. Just played it a little, and it's so cute. xD Gonna play it properly tonight. 

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Stardew Valley. I've been interested in that game for a long time now, always reading what it's about etc. So I finally caved in and bought it for 9 Euros or so. Just played it a little, and it's so cute. xD Gonna play it properly tonight. 

It'a cute, chill, and addictive game, at least at first. I started it several times, and from my experience, you get totally into it for several hours/days, but then slowly the interest fades... 

I remember playing Harvest Moon on the PS, loved it and was proper addicted to it xD 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

It'a cute, chill, and addictive game, at least at first. I started it several times, and from my experience, you get totally into it for several hours/days, but then slowly the interest fades... 

I remember playing Harvest Moon on the PS, loved it and was proper addicted to it xD 

Any tips for a Beginner? xD I just walked through the town, trying to meet as many people as possible. Spent 400 coins of my 500 on a beer, by accident, or well, conviction. xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Any tips for a Beginner? xD I just walked through the town, trying to meet as many people as possible. Spent 400 coins of my 500 on a beer, by accident, or well, conviction. xD

First tip would be not spending all of your money on beer xD 

Other than that, I would just say try to automate as many tasks as you can, such as putting water sprinklers early on so you don't need to water your plants manually, etc. Also, if you run out of money, catching fish is one of the best ways to earn it, but it's pretty hard, I struggled with it. Try to upgrade your backpack as soon as possible, it costs quite a lot when you just start, but the double space is worth it! Also, build chests to keep things in. Repair the bridge near Elliot's house as soon as you can. Always check the TV!

Now I'm thinking of reinstalling it again, too xD

• Thanks 1