talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 15 Fixtures - 5-6th November, 2022

football forum

Man United's squad certainly has dipped somehow. Not too long ago the fringe players used to be enough to see off half decent Villa sides.

Great start for Emery. Good to see him keeping the 2 DM's. I read somewhere that has been his formation at Villarreal. I like Ramsey as an 8/10 rather than a Buendia/Coutinho as a full 10. I think it's pretty much a match to Man United's formation & does seem to best suit the players available, IMO.

Ignore any 'expert' analysts talking about how it's the same Villa players. It is a very different midfield line up & where the armband has gone makes sense.

Still tough matches ahead. Still just a 3 point turnaround off bottom 3, with 3 very tough games ahead. But just watching as a fan I feel I'd be motivated to want Emery to have a nicer time than he seemed to get at Arsenal.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I look at the Man United team and I wonder how did it get that average so fast.   A handful of good players then its just average

Villa have played a game less every week for about 10 weeks...

How is that fair?

We've not got the squad for it, ETH doesn't trust certain players and we've been left with some of players being run into the ground. Dalot looks exhausted as does a few others.

23 minutes ago, Devil said:

Villa have played a game less every week for about 10 weeks...

How is that fair?

We've not got the squad for it, ETH doesn't trust certain players and we've been left with some of players being run into the ground. Dalot looks exhausted as does a few others.

What do you mean how is that fair? Thats what comes with being in europe

That was the best we've played all season. It's the first time we've played well for both halves as opposed to just one.

West Ham never realt got started. I looked at there midfield and thought we'd be in for a long game but we had the better of them. Before the game i would have been happy with a point but with the way it went I would have been annoyed if we didnt take all three. I just wonder if Declan Rice was holding back because he didn't want to get injured for the World Cup.

Four wins in six now. I believe this is the best start we've had after 13 games. This is in spite of us having the second most difficult start to the season in what is the most competitive Premier League since we've got promoted.

• Administrator

How was the penalty on De Bruyne given, but not the one on Dennis in the Forest game?

If anything, it looked like there was more contact on Dennis but that wasn't given. Slight contact on De Bruyne and he does some weird mid-air twist to successfully con the referee.

7 hours ago, Stan said:

How was the penalty on De Bruyne given, but not the one on Dennis in the Forest game?

If anything, it looked like there was more contact on Dennis but that wasn't given. Slight contact on De Bruyne and he does some weird mid-air twist to successfully con the referee.

According to Pep only Liverpool get big decisions.

Bournemouth Home. Not sure what to exactly say about it other than Elland Road was unreal. Those dusky, cold November afternoons when the floodlights come on and a full house givon the team the support it did is always a massive bonus to have.

As for the performance, some good, lot's bad, but to fightback from 3-1 down and win at least shows a good sign that the players are still giving their all. I can't fault the effort over the last two games, especially after how low we all felt losing at home to Fulham.

Crysensio Summerville and Willy Gnonto. Two teens who have given us a breath of fresh air the last two weeks are the one's making a difference. They are two very intruiging prospects who are showing they got enough about them to hold their own in the league.

And to finish the game with a front 4 of Gelhardt (20), Greenwood (20), Summerville (21) and Gnonto (19) shows what could be a really promising foundation to build on. 

Lots to work on, especially defensively, but at least we can go to Spurs off the back of two wins and give it a right go, which we will.

On 06/11/2022 at 21:57, Gunnersaurus said:

What do you mean how is that fair? Thats what comes with being in europe

Yeah, 100% get that but in a normal season the games are spaced out more allowing teams to have longer rest periods, a game every three days doesn't allow much match preparation.

Your basically playing a match, having a rest day and having another day before you go again. The players must be exhausted and it's showing.

United really haven't got any depth to the squad, the quality isn't there.

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah, 100% get that but in a normal season the games are spaced out more allowing teams to have longer rest periods, a game every three days doesn't allow much match preparation.

Your basically playing a match, having a rest day and having another day before you go again. The players must be exhausted and it's showing.

United really haven't got any depth to the squad, the quality isn't there.

What's the alternative, or the solution?

2 hours ago, Stan said:

What's the alternative, or the solution?

Not putting a world cup in the middle of the season.

I'm just being bitter really because of the nature of the defeat but I could see certain players starting to struggle a few games ago. Dalot and Shaw both look leggy and were asking a lot of Eriksen and Casemiro to play every match.

Archived