The better place to talk football.

The 2022 countdown to Christmas and New Years Eve thread

football forum

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
43 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What are your plans then? Anyone doing anything special?

I was going to use the free time to organise and lead a search and rescue operation to find you, but it seems I'll have to make other plans now! 

Welcome back :D

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I was going to use the free time to organise and lead a search and rescue operation to find you, but it seems I'll have to make other plans now! 

🤣🤣 Thanks, now you can enjoy the festive season without stress.

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wouldn't be hard. Take your shoes and socks off and he'd come running in a shot. 

• Subscriber

Xmas to me is getting all the grandsons, especially wee Kaiden's, presents all wrapped up for the big day.

And being curious, what happened to you? disappeared for 2 months and then suddenly re-appear, you get kidnapped by a fat father Xmas with a load of lady's feet helping him out.

Don’t generally do much over Christmas except watch football and the darts.

New Years Eve is a different kettle of fish - we are at home to Leeds that day so I’m going to the game then it’ll be a messy night in town.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

How does Christmas compare now to say your younger days? Back then I guess it was a huge family event with uncles, grand parents and the rest.

Xmas was a lot different from when I was a wee toddler to nowadays, when I was young we were, as a nation, still recovering from WWll and money was very tight, our mum & dad had nine of us (7 girls & me and my brother) to keep happy.

I was lucky in those days at Xmas time, maybe a Beano or Dandy book, a cowboy hat with a gun and holster and sweets and fruit and that was about it I loved it. 

Just now, MUFC said:

Paid holiday to Qatar 🤣

Honestly, if someone would offer me an all paid trip to Qatar in a 5 star hotel, I'd refuse. Rather give the money for that to charity. 

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Have you all got the presents sorted?

I'll be going into town on Christmas Eve as usual, only have two days at home between now and then.

Made a deal with the majority of the family now that we don't buy presents, usually just get together for a day or two over Christmas and have a good catch-up and a drink.

On 04/12/2022 at 01:55, MUFC said:

How does Christmas compare now to say your younger days? Back then I guess it was a huge family event with uncles, grand parents and the rest.

I don't even live in the same country as my family so it's honestly fucking weird. At least I'm not going to my inlaws this Christmas though, cos fuck that.

5 hours ago, MUFC said:

Have you all got the presents sorted?

Meant to get a gift for work, where it’s anonymous and you select a present from under the tree etc, if I can secure a last minute transfer to another workplace I am thinking of getting something like a dildo. So they can fuck themselves.

Archived