talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The 2022 countdown to Christmas and New Years Eve thread

football forum

2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Have you had Christmas traffic in your area in the past few weeks?

Just lots of Dutch people in my city because they seem to think our Christmas Market is one of the 7 wonders of the World. At least they leave a lot of money here, I guess. 

We even have Dutch Police patrolling the city center because there are so many Dutchies here. Pointless to go into the city on weekends unless you want to get trampled. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Just lots of Dutch people in my city because they seem to think our Christmas Market is one of the 7 wonders of the World. At least they leave a lot of money here, I guess. 

We even have Dutch Police patrolling the city center because there are so many Dutchies here. Pointless to go into the city on weekends unless you want to get trampled. 

Loads of people onto go into town for the yearly Christmas markets.

• Subscriber

We get a load of tourists and others to view Edinburgh Castle 'Castle of Lights' lit up for Christmas.

566d58cb1e8df2f05cd0373e0091b4ae67dd0f9f.jpg

Edinburgh_castle_COL_projection_mapping_event_light_walk_immersive_spectacle_scotland_uk_live_experience_14.jpg

Our daughter was their last year with the grandsons and friends plus took them to other events to celebrate Christmas here in Edinburgh at the Botanic gardens just below the castle.

f.jpg

c.jpg

e.jpg

a.jpg

b.jpg

d.jpg

g.jpg

h.jpg

21 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Has there ever been a kick off at any of your Christmas gatherings?

Not a kick off per se, just the usual drunk cousin starting to cry or making a bit of a scene. 

Just sat here wondering how hard my life would be without my wife. She literally sits and wraps every present and I don't need to do a thing.

I don't actually know how to wrap a present and I'm 41 years of age.

I'm also ashamed to admit I've even had her wrap her own presents off me in past gone years. I've since learned gift bags are the answer to the issue and she now gets her presents in bags.

5 minutes ago, Devil said:

I'm also ashamed to admit I've even had her wrap her own presents off me in past gone years.

Why wrap it if she already knows what's inside? 🤔xD

Wrapping is just folding paper and tape it together? It's not rocket science. xD

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Why wrap it if she already knows what's inside? 🤔xD

I always take her for her presents, I'm useless at buying for her. The rules are they still need to be wrapped for effect on Christmas day.

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wrapping is just folding paper and tape it together? It's not rocket science. xD

I'm useless at it, I either cut the paper too small or too big and end up with loads of excess paper.

1 minute ago, Devil said:

I always take her for her presents, I'm useless at buying for her. The rules are they still need to be wrapped for effect on Christmas day.

Does she have to pretend to be surprised when she opens them? 🤔xD

My last day in the office today. Last bit of food shopping tomorrow, then I’ll get all my presents wrapped on Friday rather than doing it on Christmas Eve. That’s not because I always leave things last minute, I have had a bit of a tradition to wrap things on Christmas Eve while watching Love Actually. And now that I’ve said that, I might just leave it until Christmas Eve hahah. 

2 hours ago, Rick said:

My last day in the office today. Last bit of food shopping tomorrow, then I’ll get all my presents wrapped on Friday rather than doing it on Christmas Eve. That’s not because I always leave things last minute, I have had a bit of a tradition to wrap things on Christmas Eve while watching Love Actually. And now that I’ve said that, I might just leave it until Christmas Eve hahah. 

I watched Love Actually with an ex at the cinema. Can't remember the year but am sure it was near Christmas. Hugh Grant is funny and deserves more credit for his acting.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Are any of you eating out? I remember some people in the office used to book places on Christmas Day. Some were paying up to £120 per head.

Cooking at home for Christmas Eve, then going out for a steak dinner on Christmas Day.

Off to the in-laws for Christmas. Should be good. We hosted last year and I was on crutches. Nightmare lol. 

Today I wrapped the kids presents and the present for the missus. I’m expecting the wrapping won’t be good enough for the kids so we will navigate that soon.

Archived