talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How nosey are you?

football forum

Currently sat on my bed sneaking the odd peak at the house over the road. Its just been raided by two police vans and four police officers.

All inside as we speak but feel terrible watching through my blinds.

What's the most nosey thing you can remember doing?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't it natural though?

My grandfather was terrible. He actually listened to the police radio and drove everywhere if there was an incident. My dad is not that bad, but still leaves his flat to investigate if he hears a police or ambulance horn somewhere nearby. 

I'm not that bad. But if it happens in front of my house, of course I peak through the blinds. If there's a verbal fight nearby, I listen. Actually saw a fist fight between some drunks last year in the summer. I actually stopped nearby as if I was waiting for someone to watch it all unfold. xD

• Subscriber

Haha, mine is somewhat similar to yours - I had just checked in at my hotel, went to the balcony just to enjoy the views and then saw a fancy sportscar being blocked by several police cars. So I quickly went to get a beer and continued to observe how several police and Guardia Civil officers ordered the guy driving the car to get out and face the wall at gunpoint. They then continued to search him and the car, then eventually more police cars arrived. Then at some point I got a bit uncomfortable, so just went into the room and continued watching from the other end using my binoculars xD 

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Isn't it natural though?

My grandfather was terrible. He actually listened to the police radio and drove everywhere if there was an incident. My dad is not that bad, but still leaves his flat to investigate if he hears a police or ambulance horn somewhere nearby. 

I'm not that bad. But if it happens in front of my house, of course I peak through the blinds. If there's a verbal fight nearby, I listen. Actually saw a fist fight between some drunks last year in the summer. I actually stopped nearby as if I was waiting for someone to watch it all unfold. xD

Your not that bad but your pretended to be waiting for someone to watch the fight..

That's defo bad.

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Haha, mine is somewhat similar to yours - I had just checked in at my hotel, went to the balcony just to enjoy the views and then saw a fancy sportscar being blocked by several police cars. So I quickly went to get a beer and continued to observe how several police and Guardia Civil officers ordered the guy driving the car to get out and face the wall at gunpoint. They then continued to search him and the car, then eventually more police cars arrived. Then at some point I got a bit uncomfortable, so just went into the room and continued watching from the other end using my binoculars xD 

You used binoculars!

That's next level nosey 🤣 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Devil said:

What if you were given your work colleagues wage slip at work by mistake.....

I'm not saying looked I'm just curious what others would do 👀

Depends. Do you get wage slips in envelopes? If yes, then obviously no, I wouldn't look.

7 minutes ago, Devil said:

What if you were given your work colleagues wage slip at work by mistake.....

I'm not saying I looked I'm just curious what others would do 👀

Never been bothered about what others earn... I only have to be happy with what I earn

• Subscriber

It comes naturally I would imagine, hear a police siren going off outside your window or seeing blue or red light reflections on the window and you have a peek to see what's going on.

The wife is nosier than me though, she just has to hear someone talking outside then she is up and looking out the window.

Being nosey as part of your job is hilarious really, I remember this and I posted it as a thread in here way back, this certainly woke me up that night. xD

Spoiler
Spoiler

CaaC (John)

Posted April 18, 2019

Thought I would start this thread about things that made you laugh at the time or anything else...

I can remember when I was doing a night shift in a building as a security officer, around 01.30 am and I was sitting at my security desk all by myself, I had locked and made the building secure at 22.00 hrs when all the tenants had left and I was on my own, half asleep looking at the security cameras outside and inside the building.

I noticed at the east doors in the Atrium foyer a figure appeared at the locked doors, well I reacted and made my way to the doors as sometimes you would get winos or drunk/druggies trying to kip (sleep) outside the door and then you would bang on the door and tell them to fuck off or you would call the police, as I approached the stairs in the Atrium towards the doors I stopped dead with my mouth wide open.

Well, a young blonde lady had her back towards the door looking very sheepishly from left to right outside the doors and quickly lifted her skirt up, dropped her knickers and had a pee not realizing that she was on CCTV and me also watching her inside the building, I just stood there with my mouth wide open, when she had finished doing her call of nature, dressed herself, looked left and right again and slowly trotted off into the wild blue yonder.

I wrote an incident report out which the other security officers and building manager read in the morning and they all rushed down into the security office to look at the CCTV tape to have a wee look when I got home in the morning and mentioned it to the wife she said "You dirty bastard, why didn't you knock at the door and let her know you were watching her and she was on CCTV", my reply was "Darling, if I had walked up the stairs and banged at the door she would have shite herself and peed herself and run off with fright", all the wife would say was "Oh...yer".

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Depends. Do you get wage slips in envelopes? If yes, then obviously no, I wouldn't look.

Print off folded up.

The company I work for had an admin assistant a few years back that was so laps with everything. She should have been handing them out in sealed envelopes but was more than likely being lazy. She gave me the wage slip in the hall and I opened it in my car on my lunch, seen my work colleagues name on it and folded it back up. 

When I returned to the office I had a quiet word with her and gave it back, she approached Matt and he'd thankfully not looked. If he had I think she'd have lost her job as I was being paid more than him and he would made a big song and dance about it.

I don't think it's nosey to watch something if its going on around you, most people would be curious about what was kicking off.. I would consider it nosey if I was trying to find out something that was frankly none of my business... 

I was up early one morning and as normal I take a peek out of the window to see what the weathers like before leaving etc and right outside the house were two police vans and a group of about 10 officers in full tactical gear, this was at 5:30am so they were obviously about to raid someone close by.. I watched for about 10 minutes to make sure it wasn't going to be me then got ready for work, by the time I left the house at 6:30am they were all gone.. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Devil said:

Print off folded up.

The company I work for had an admin assistant a few years back that was so laps with everything. She should have been handing them out in sealed envelopes but was more than likely being lazy. She gave me the wage slip in the hall and I opened it in my car on my lunch, seen my work colleagues name on it and folded it back up. 

When I returned to the office I had a quiet word with her and gave it back, she approached Matt and he'd thankfully not looked. If he had I think she'd have lost her job as I was being paid more than him and he would made a big song and dance about it.

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't look on purpose, but the numbers are usually the first thing I look at on the payslip, so I would have probably seen it before I noticed it was not mine xD 

13 minutes ago, Toinho said:

A little, I guess. Can be social media nosey in terms of errr researching new people I may work with… 

Some of your neighbours sound wild. 

I think there was a bit of a domestic argument, it's Christmas a lot of people are drinking.

Police didn't arrest anyone.

I know this info because I'm a nosey fucker!!!!

13 hours ago, nudge said:

Why would you bring binoculars to a hotel :coffee:

Once in Paris I checked into a hotel and went to my room, and outside I heard commotion. I took a sprite (incredible drink btw) and looked through the window, I saw a few dudes yelling and a fight broke out, it got pretty bad. Thats when I stopped looking

Anyway @nudgewhat happened after that?

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bandito Burrito said:

Why would you bring binoculars to a hotel :coffee:

Once in Paris I checked into a hotel and went to my room, and outside I heard commotion. I took a sprite (incredible drink btw) and looked through the window, I saw a few dudes yelling and a fight broke out, it got pretty bad. Thats when I stopped looking

Anyway @nudgewhat happened after that?

Nothing interesting happened afterwards, they just towed the car and took the driver with them. 

Binoculars are for stargazing and wild life watching, take them with me every time I plan to do either of those things.

Archived