• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-1 Leicester - Friday 30th December, 2022

football forums

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

Our midfield does absolutely nothing defensively. Nothing. And people ask why we keep talking about 2 or 3 new midfielders. 

Kind of mental that Henderson, Thiago, and Fabinho all look like they're on the decline on the same time. Makes sense given their ages (although I feel like Fabinho should be less worn out) but it's really bad for us. Then Elliott... talented as he may be... offers fuck all defensively. To the point where I'm not even sure why we play him centrally other than the fact he's too slow to be played out wide.

It's frustrating and I'm sure FSG aren't going to do a fucking thing to really address it until the season's done because they're penny pinching twats.

so maybe we just suffocated the life out of Leicester rather than them being crap?

Tielemans being dropped is curious, I know rumours of our interest is circulating and per fbref he is in the 80 percentiles for progressive passes, tackles and interceptions.   this should be a no brainer but something does not sit right, maybe it's just over reaction but he strikes me as a merc

2 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

I can't believe you haven't signed a new midfield, every one of them look older by 5 years maybe the last two seasons caused burn out

Even before last season a lot of us saw the problems with our midfield and thought we needed reinforcements. Klopp squeezing every bit of fortune out of last season I guess made FSG think investment wasn't really needed.

AHAHAHAHA WHAT A GOAL

• The title was changed to Liverpool 1-1 Leicester - Friday 30th December, 2022
  • The title was changed to Liverpool 2-1 Leicester - Friday 30th December, 2022
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Well done Leicester.. at this rate Liverpool could stay in at half time and still end up being 4-1 winners with defending like that.. 

I think the new game plan is "get their left back to touch the ball in the box and it might go into the goal"

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, 6666 said:

No way Faes couldn't have stopped himself or gotten out of the way after it came off the post.

Looked like he tried to hook it with his right and shanked it. 

17 minutes ago, 6666 said:

No way Faes couldn't have stopped himself or gotten out of the way after it came off the post.

Not too sure about that, but even if that was the case, he could have made a better clearance. It's not as if the ball had a lot of power behind it.

Archived