• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Isco to Union Berlin falls through

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Spike said:

This looks like one of those transfers Everton makes and it looks good but then they spend the next five years trying to get rid of the player.

But hes only signed through next season and an option for 2025? Fairly low risk. 

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

This deserves it's own topic. 

He's on his way to Berlin.

Medical tomorrow. 

Contract until 2024, with an option to extend for another year. 

I saw the strong rumours that Union Berlin were after Isco a few days ago, but I also saw a host of other clubs reportedly after him. So I wasn't too sure whether Berlin would be the destination of his choice, but sure enough he has decided to sign for Union Berlin. He looks like he will be another great addition to the club and I can see Union at least finishing in the top 4 this season. Great big name signing for Union, who has plenty of talent and experience.

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

But hes only signed through next season and an option for 2025? Fairly low risk. 

Plus he's coming in on a free transfer. Wages might be the only concern, but I also doubt Union would agree to pay  astronomical wages to him, as they simply couldn't afford it. Even if it doesn't work out as they expect it to, the prestige and publicity alone are worth it, imo. 

I find it a bit funny though, as it's more of a signing that you'd expect Big City Club to be trying to pull off, but it's Union instead xD 

• The title was changed to Isco to Union Berlin falls through
1 hour ago, nudge said:

What a dickhead! xD 

Yea, he probably thought now that he's in Berlin they'll sign him anyway, and he can demand more. Well get fucked you little weasel. 

His managements defence was hilarious “they did not wish to negotiate outside of the framework of the agreement” so that’s a very tame way of saying that they wouldn’t bend to last minute demands. Good for Union. 

5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

It was all to good to be true in the end... 

Was it? I think he's one of those very overrated players that would probably all of a sudden have some of the shine suddenly come off them when he's no longer at Real Madrid. Seems like he bought into his own hype too, thinking he could get extra than what was agreed based off his name and what club he plays for.

Archived