talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(CL R16) - PSG 0-1 Bayern Munich - Tuesday 14th February, 2023 (1st Leg)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is turning out to be such a strange CL with all the heavyweights basically playing one another. 

Between this fixture, and Liverpool vs Real Madrid, you really have two of the top teams that won't make it to the Quarter-Finals, meanwhile Spurs/Milan, Benfica/Brugge, Inter/Porto, Dortmund/Chelsea will, and none of those teams seem to be nearly as good as they have in previous years. 

With that being said, I hope Bayern win this one, but I'm afraid this is the year of Messi and that PSG might be able to go all the way. 

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Stan said:

No Mbappe?!

Yeah, they had originally claimed he would be out a couple weeks but hes been training. Maybe come on at half? we'll see.

As for our lineup we could still be running a 3 at the back, Cancelo as a rwb and Coman as a hybrid on the left. Typicallly Nagelsmann has done this with Gnabry though. Davies would be the easy way to tell but he hasn't been in form lately, so him on the bench isnt too surprising. 

Bayern have been the better team here. PSG rested plenty of their players in their previous match, but they've been 2nd best to Bayern here in Paris this evening. Coman with another goal today, that's his 4th goal in the last 3 Bayern matches for him.

• Subscriber

Anyways pretty comfortable for 90% of the match. Frantic as all hell to finish, Pavard is going to be a miss for the return leg. That team is just much more dangerous with a healthy Mmmbop. Half of that is just sliding Messi deeper, before that they had no connection in midfield.The tie is still very much in the air.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Anyways pretty comfortable for 90% of the match. Frantic as all hell to finish, Pavard is going to be a miss for the return leg. That team is just much more dangerous with a healthy Mmmbop. The tie is still very much in the air.

Think you'll take them in the return-leg just because of the home advantage but they are a more dangerous unit with M in the mix. Still, I feel you'll can dump them out of this competition.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think you'll take them in the return-leg just because of the home advantage but they are a more dangerous unit with M in the mix. Still, I feel you'll can dump them out of this competition.

I hope you're right.

• The title was changed to (CL R16) - PSG 0-1 Bayern Munich - Tuesday 14th February, 2023 (1st Leg)
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived