talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Weirdly satisfying sounds

football forum

13 hours ago, Beelzebub said:

I used to live near an air force base so it used go off when there were some drills, usually at evening. So I kinda like the state of premonition that comes with it. There was actually a time when they test fired something and the projectile went astray the vibes were like Hunger Games with the sirens.

Brings the survivalist out of me :coffee:

I know people that still have PTSD from hearing air raid sirens (or things that can sound like bombing, even fireworks) - so it just sounds weird to me that air raids could sound weirdly satisfying to anyone.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

and the sound of a Chinook Helicoptor flying over.. 

Cor that's a great shout. 

There's an airbase not too far from here, and occasionally in summer there'll be days on end where there'll be Chinooks in tandem flying so low over our house. You can hear them probably miles and miles away, and they're so thunderous and loud as they pass over for a few seconds. 

• Subscriber

Back to my Australian days, sitting on the veranda of our house in the bush springtime at night around 10 ish, no mossies (Mosquitos) flying around to bite you as they were out of season and died off and listening to night crickets cheeping away, so soothing I would fall asleep with a can of lager beside me.

Dogs barking at night time in the distance, you could picture the dog was more than likely outside near its kennel or a watchdog howling away or the owners had gone for a night out and left it outside.

A cat running around upstairs, the neighbor above has a cat and I can normally tell it's her time to exercise and run around the flat, which normally lasts for around 30 minutes.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Helicoptor flying over.. 

We get Helicopters flying over here quite regularly, it's either for a matchday crowd control observation as the Hibernian Football Ground is only around 1/4 a mile away from our flat and especially if it is a local derby Hibs v Hearts of Midlothian, or traffic control or some bloody idiot had stole a car and running around like a loony.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

The Ice Cream van that comes round our close in Summer.

When that little jingle sounds off, it's go time.

You couldn't beat them when I was a wee nipper, hear them playing their tune then grab some half pennies or a penny off your mum or dad then shoot out and get a double cone or wafer, sigh, those were the days. :x

download.png

I remember going to get haircuts with my dad when I was young at an old style barber shop.  It had that old jukebox looking radio with 40's-50's music playing at low volume and everyone sat in there reading the paper while waiting their turn and the radio hums in the background.  And the sound of the clippers and scissors working intermittently.  I could go to sleep in that barber chair.

Archived