• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Weirdly satisfying sounds

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Air conditioner units, the gentle noise always reminds me of when we emigrated to Australia and they had that on day & night, the gentle whisper of the air blowing around our cabin was so, so, relaxing and if I hear that it sends me to sleep.

Another one is wind, it's blowing a gale outside and I love that noise and if I am watching a western and the wind is blowing, it always reminds me of the song by Marty Robbins, 'Dusty Winds' a western ballad singer and I had all his LP's in Australia.

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, nudge said:

The sound of a train rumbling in a distance. Add rain and some occasional distant thunder, and you have the most comforting sound ever.

Great in films, in a cinema. 

Sin City comes to mind. Not seen it in a while but there's a lot of that eerie feeling throughout. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Great in films, in a cinema. 

Sin City comes to mind. Not seen it in a while but there's a lot of that eerie feeling throughout. 

I grew up a short distance away from railway tracks, and would hear that sound almost every night. Distant repetitive rumbling, the distant horn every once in a while. So soothing 😅 Whenever I'm overly stressed and overwhelmed, I put it on as a white noise in the background, still works wonders for me.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

Yeah I like the sound of air raid sirens. 

No, for me, I worked in the National Museum site in Edinburgh doing security work many moons ago and they had an old WWII siren that would sound as a security alert (fire, etc), the noise was loud as fuck, and the Museum was smack bang in a suburb in Edinburgh (Granton), on this particular night I was in the middle of a routine security patrol around the site.

It was around 1 o clock in the morning, pitch black, pissing down with rain and I had just fed a fox that would hang around our cabin looking for food and I left her there chewing away on a cooked chicken I had bought in.

The bloody siren was faulty and more often or not you could catch it before it went off and isolate it, but not this night, the bloody thing activated and there was me legging it back to the security cabin to isolate it, lights were going on around the estate houses windows and the fox shot past me with the chicken in its mouth, scared to fuck looking for its hide hole.

I managed to get back to the security cabin (out of breath) and isolate it, saw all the lights go off around the neighboring housing estate and I never saw the fox again that night. 

Waves or rain for sure, I listen to it on my TV every now and then to go asleep. I find it really relaxing. 

The sound of ice being put into a whiskey glass, or the cork being removed from a whiskey bottle are another two sounds I like.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wtf, why?

I used to live near an air force base so it used go off when there were some drills, usually at evening. So I kinda like the state of premonition that comes with it. There was actually a time when they test fired something and the projectile went astray the vibes were like Hunger Games with the sirens.

Brings the survivalist out of me :coffee:

Archived