talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Burnley Promoted Back to the Premier League!

football forum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They deserve it, really reinvented themselves under Kompany, fair play to them.

Going to be a few fans surprised at this 'new' Burnley next season that probably haven't seen much of them this year.

They'll cause some problems but it will be interesting to see who Kompany manages to attract to the club at PL level, that's obviously a different kettle of fish.

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

They deserve it, really reinvented themselves under Kompany, fair play to them.

Going to be a few fans surprised at this 'new' Burnley next season that probably haven't seen much of them this year.

They'll cause some problems but it will be interesting to see who Kompany manages to attract to the club at PL level, that's obviously a different kettle of fish.

Yes, they were by far the best team in the Championship this season and they looked extremely strong in this division. The Premier League though is of course a different kettle of fish, so Kompany will have to make some shrewd signings over the summer. 

• Subscriber

If we get relegated we should be looking to emulate exactly what they've done. A genuine overhaul and buy in to an upcoming coach and they've reaped the rewards. I'd go as far as saying they're fairly likely to survive next season too. Well done.

8 hours ago, Dan said:

If we get relegated we should be looking to emulate exactly what they've done. A genuine overhaul and buy in to an upcoming coach and they've reaped the rewards. I'd go as far as saying they're fairly likely to survive next season too. Well done.

Not sure I'd say that just yet tbh. They will need a lot more improvement and this team they have will need PL experience.

I think the Championship has been very misleading this year, I wouldn't particularly say it's been one of the best for quality. 

Look how easy Middlesbrough and to an extent, West Brom got themselves back up there after a few wins. Norwich have been pretty poor and yet they hover just outside the playoffs.

But I do think if Burnley play the way they have been, they'll have a better chance of survival than just staying solid and looking to make the most of set pieces etc.

I think they'll need at least two capable strikers at PL level and they have some loan issues that will need to be sorted. I would expect Kompany to pull a couple decent unknowns in mind.

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Not sure I'd say that just yet tbh. They will need a lot more improvement and this team they have will need PL experience.

I think the Championship has been very misleading this year, I wouldn't particularly say it's been one of the best for quality. 

Look how easy Middlesbrough and to an extent, West Brom got themselves back up there after a few wins. Norwich have been pretty poor and yet they hover just outside the playoffs.

But I do think if Burnley play the way they have been, they'll have a better chance of survival than just staying solid and looking to make the most of set pieces etc.

I think they'll need at least two capable strikers at PL level and they have some loan issues that will need to be sorted. I would expect Kompany to pull a couple decent unknowns in mind.

Yeah probably too early to say for sure but the trajectory they're on is pretty exciting. They're by a mile too good for the Championship and it's rare that a team absolutely demolishes that league and goes down, unless your name is Norwich City who for some reason have some mental block at this level.

Brilliantly done.

A lot, for them, will depend on what they can do in the transfer window and if Kompany stays because this season has been noted by a few Premier League teams who will be in for a manager in the summer.

Archived