Tipping thread - 2017/18

football forum

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Week 12 table (October 16 - October 22)

59f9187cd4f54_Week12-October22.thumb.PNG.7358989a1d2c4cf0212321d2a3a071bb.PNG

A busy week, not a profitable one, and a few firsts.

The headline of the week is that @Smiley Culture falls just short of 10 straight wins as Manchester United fall to a shock defeat at Huddersfield. Top spot is however retained, as my winning £25 stake on Leicester to maintain their pathetic record of not beating West Brom at home in 24 years didn't return enough to take me to the summit. That result just so happened to be Craig Shakespeare's last match in charge of Leicester - something @Cannabis could've gotten himself up the table on.

@Lucas came close to being docked his winnings after his year long battle to grasp decimal odds, and it's still yet to be seen if that truly is the case, but I'm feeling in good spirits and have allowed his double of BTTS to stand as normal. It lifts him to 3rd in the table.

The other winner was @...Dan who backed an extraordinary game where Juventus were losing, went down to 10 men, then ended up winning the game 2-6. Lazio won the other game comfortably.

@Batard was the unlucky punter of the week as his Watford double chance was stolen late on, leaving him as the only player in the league to be on breakeven.

@RandoEFC had a bit of a mare, backing not only Man Utd to score 2 or more at Huddersfield, but both teams to score in a game that never actually took place.

@Stan blew a booster £25 stake on a La Liga double of over 2.5, both games ending 2-0, and both games you would have to say he was unlucky to lose.

@Storts miserable run goes on. It's 8 losses out of 8.

• Subscriber

Week 13 table (October 23 - October 29)

59f91b9d5ee1c_Week13-October29.thumb.PNG.de2407f0f658ef77a2f6671e732eb504.PNG

Who says the number 13 is unlucky?

Well, the table does, as it's the first week all season where not a single win was registered*.

* Assuming @RandoEFC has actually lost. Asian Handicap is like Poker - it's something I've had explained to me about a hundred times yet it never fully goes in. I've googled it, and if I'm not mistaken, Arsenal beating Swansea by just the goal means that he's lost the bet.

That was a bit of a disaster on the whole. The overall score is extremely bleak and more than half of the players are down. We need a profitable week as that's four losses on the spin.

The only winner, you could say, was @Storts who went off the bottom xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived