talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

3 hours ago, Coma said:

Their focus is squarely on the Bundesliga.  No time for powder-puff cup runs.

We're talking money here. Qualifying for the 2.round is worth about 450k Euros plus 45% off the gates revenue guaranteed, and it only gets more the further you're going.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Homburg now leading 3-0. As much as I dislike them, have to admit that's impressive for a 4th tier club leading a Buli club by this margin.¬¬

Dislike because they are a local rival?  Or some other reason?

1 hour ago, Coma said:

Same with Elversberg?

Depends on age. When I was sozialised football wise (end of 70's to begin of the 80's) Homburg were already good enough to be seen as FCS rivals, while Elversberg were one of many Saarish football clubs, so have learned to dislike Homburg, while I've always been indifferent to benevolent towards Elversberg. Younger FCS fans have the same disliking towards them as towards Homburg- on the flip side they can't understand my disliking for Borussia Neunkirchen, though as them contrary to me have never experienced the times when them were the third relevant team in Saarland.:)

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

On 15/08/2023 at 13:04, Tommy said:

So how was Christoph Klarer? :ph34r:

OMG, just saw that I hadn't replied... 😅

I've got to be honest, wasn't his best game ever. Looked quite unsure and left a few holes in the defence.

However, he was brilliant today, the cup game was more a team failure than anything you could put on an individual.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Fucking hell. We were 0-2 down, then equalised within 70 seconds, only the conced the 2-3 a few minutes later. Luckily we managed to equalise again to go into extra time and the rest is history. 

Sometimes I think football can't really faze me that much anymore, but tonight was one of those nights. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

Congrats @Rucksackfranzose definitely bittersweet for me but enjoy, full value for it really. It was a disaster that was unfortunately in the back of my mind the entire time given the look of the schedule. Still shouldnt happen with the talent available tbh and theres literally no excuse for Kane being on the bench the entire time, speechless idk. De Ligt injured again.. this is just disaster all round. 

• Upvote 1