talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tino Livramento Signs For Newcastle

• The title was changed to Tino Livramento Agrees Deal with Newcastle
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Deal agreed. 

Would take their spending this summer to approx £140-150m.

Last season was £175m approx. 

Season before was £115m approx. 

3rd highest net spend in the last 5 seasons (behind Arsenal and Man Utd). Saudi money working wonders... 

Tonali - 52m + addons

Barnes - 38m

Livramento - 35 + addons

Minteh - 7m 

125m on first teamers with 23m for ASM and 27m combined for Shelvy, Wood and Darlow.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Tonali - 52m + addons

Barnes - 38m

Livramento - 35 + addons

Minteh - 7m 

125m on first teamers with 23m for ASM and 27m combined for Shelvy, Wood and Darlow.

Okay? 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the net spend is about 90m

And? 

Amazing how FFP prevented you from apparently paying more for Barnes, but you've just spunked £35m on a RB that missed most of last season because of injury... 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

And? 

Amazing how FFP prevented you from apparently paying more for Barnes, but you've just spunked £35m on a RB that missed most of last season because of injury... 

I don't think anyone in their right minds seriously thinks FFP's a serious impediment to a PIF owned side. They can just sell someone surplus to requirements to another PIF owned club and get that player on board by offering obscene wages. I don't think St. Maxamin's that good of a player - lots of flash with little substance - but he's probably too good to be in a retirement league at the age of 26... but he's there because they could funnel some money into Newcastle and get him to agree to make the move because of the ridiculous wages.

It's £30m and Chelsea get 40% of that.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

And? 

Bit of bollocks that though isn't it. It was always said that selling Saint Maximin sale would allow for both these deals to happen. We weren't going to pay more at the expense of a 2nd deal.

11 minutes ago, 6666 said:

How did Southampton get £40m for this guy? Now how much are they gonna expect for Ward-Prowse and Lavia?

They want £50m for Lavia this season because of the sell on clause City have & City have a buyback clause that's active next season where they can get him for £40m so they don't really want to end up walking away with less than £40m when all is said and done.

No clue about Ward-Prowse though. I feel it's a bit harsh on him since he's given them many years of good service to not respect his wishes if he wants to move on so he can stay in the top flight... but the media rumblings about him are that they want close to £40-50m for him as well.

• The title was changed to Tino Livramento Signs For Newcastle

Livramento is a very strong option to have if anything happens to Trippier.

Bit of a hefty fee based on one season two years ago but I think the talent and ability is there.

Have to credit Chelsea too for what was sensible business from them insisting on a 40% release clause originally to Saints. 

I may come to understand this transfer in the coming months when I see how we use him but right now I don't know why we'd spend that much on a backup. I understand the need, that Trip can't be expected to play a 55+ game season, but it is a big chunk of money when FFP is a handcuff.

But in the club we trust at the minute. Gordon seemed a strange expensive backup as well but there's a very good chance he can become first team early this season.

2 minutes ago, Honey Honey said:

I may come to understand this transfer in the coming months when I see how we use him but right now I don't know why we'd spend that much on a backup. I understand the need, that Trip can't be expected to play a 55+ game season, but it is a big chunk of money when FFP is a handcuff.

But in the club we trust at the minute. Gordon seemed a strange expensive backup as well but there's a very good chance he can become first team early this season.

In fairness, Trippier turns 33 next month. You get the feeling he's in the territory where one bad injury ends his PL career.

Whilst I get what you say, personally think it's a clever investment to bring in a guy you see as the future successor in that position, to learn off Trippier for a season or two all being well and eventually succeed him.

To be fair, it actually wouldn't surprise me if you consider moving Trippier to the LB slot. He is comfortable there for England after all and that LB slot seems to be a minor problem area for you.