talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Disturbing incidents you've witnessed first hand?

football forum

40 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My mum and my uncle got loads of abuse after the 7/7 bombings. Honestly, my uncle's faced so much racist abuse in the UK I'm surprised he likes living here

Yeah, total scum mate.

I've heard loads of racism over the years like everyone has but this was actual clear and utter pure vile racist activity. 

Thankfully at the time we as a group, City and United fans came together to force them off, I'd say about twenty pushing four of them off.

Nothings acceptable but that was the worst case of racism I've ever bared witness to. 

I actually remember how thankful the dads face was after, imagine the pressure he was under. Its a horrific situation.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah, total scum mate.

I've heard loads of racism over the years like everyone has but this was actual clear and utter pure vile racist activity. 

Thankfully at the time we as a group, City and United fans came together to force them off, I'd say about twenty pushing four of them off.

Nothings acceptable but that was the worst case of racism I've ever bared witness to. 

I actually remember how thankful the dads face was after, imagine the pressure he was under. Its a horrific situation.

To the first bit in bold, that's a bit beautiful tbh. When rival fans of the same community unite behind one of their own to stop some dickheads from being absolute dickheads. Good on you and the others for standing up against that sort of disgusting racism.

And yeah, I'm sure at that moment he loved all of you. I don't even know if I can really picture myself coping under that sort of pressure. Sounds like a truly unpleasant situation, but I'm sure he's thankful for you and the city fans grouping up and standing up against that sort of despicable shit.

When I was a teenager there was a place where us "alternative" (metalhead/emo/punk/whatever) kids would go every Saturday and spend the whole day sitting on the grass, drinking, smoking...meeting others of our kind xD Anyway there was this group of 3 or 4 older punk guys, must have been in their 30s, and one evening a group of about 7 or 8 chavs (I just realised I haven't used that word in years but can't think of any other way to describe them) came and just randomly started beating the shit out of them. The punks were always very drunk/stoned so weren't in the best state to defend themselves. One of them got hit in the head with a vodka bottle, and while they were down they were kicking and stamping on their heads. Really sickening to watch.

I do wonder if it was revenge for something, because they targeted those guys out of a load of people. But then, it wouldn't surprise me if they just did it for fun.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today I saw a woman falling from her bicycle and hitting her head on concrete. I didn't see the fall, but I noticed people around me being shocked and rushing to her. Then I saw her on the floor screaming, flat on her face with her arms apart. I thought she might have a broken arm too. Then she even had a seizure, and the woman next to me was putting her hand in front of her son's eyes. It was shocking really. They were already like 7-8 people rushing to her aid, so I didn't think there's anything I can do. 

Luckily it was right next to a fire station and there was an ambulance within 5 minutes. She later looked a bit better and was able to sit on the floor by herself. When they put her onto the stretcher, the whole left side of her face was covered in blood, but she was concious. It was still shocking to see and that image of her screaming and going into seizure is still with me all evening. I hope she isn't injured too badly, and it's just a concussion. :( Unforunately there's no way of knowing, but I hope that young lady is okay. 

• Wow 1
  • Sad 2

• Subscriber

One thing I can remember is we moved into a second-floor flat that had a dodgy window that we were waiting to get fixed, the window was half jammed open and could not shut or close, we were waiting for some furniture to be delivered and at this particular time, I stuck my head out of the widow looking for the delivery van.

After a minute or so I pulled my head back into the flat and suddenly the window slammed shut and the broken pane of glass came down like a guillotine that could have easily chopped my head off...phew, my guardian angel was with me that day.