talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Kaoru Mitoma - Man City Targeting Brighton Winger

PEP GUARDIOLA will move for Kaoru Mitoma next after finally landing £77million Josko Gvardiol.

And Japanese winger Mitoma, 26, is also on the radar, with a five-year contract offer still to be signed at Brighton.

His current deal has two years left but the Seagulls are keen to tie him down for longer and have already knocked back interest from Arsenal and Chelsea.

City chief Guardiola wants to bring in a new wideman after Riyad Mahrez’s £30m move to Saudi Arabian side Al-Ahli.

The Spaniard is a big fan of Mitoma — who can play on either flank — and singled him out for praise during City’s pre-season Far East tour.

Ahead of their friendly against Yokohama F Marinos, Guardiola was asked about the quality of Asian football.

"Well I would say the impact of [Kaoru] Mitoma on the Premier League has been incredible," he told reporters.

"He is in the right place with the right manager and his last season was extraordinary.

"And look at what Japan have done in the World Cup in a tough, tough group."

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Kaoru Mitoma - Man City Targeting Brighton Winger
  • Administrator
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I watched the Brentford friendly and they had a young left sided winger who looks ready to step already. So selling flipping Mitoma for an insane profit now may be a sturdy bit of business.

Adingra. He was quality.

On 06/08/2023 at 15:55, Stan said:

Adingra. He was quality.

On 06/08/2023 at 12:33, The Palace Fan said:

I watched the Brentford friendly and they had a young left sided winger who looks ready to step already. So selling flipping Mitoma for an insane profit now may be a sturdy bit of business.

In a game where Brighton were fairly predictable, he absolutely bummed us with the way he took both his goals

If they could sell him now for an insane fee they'd be clever. I actually thought he lost a bit of form towards of the season and started to look a bit greedy with poor decision making. 

I mean, Mitoma is no way going to turn them down is he but surely he's got to be looking and thinking Grealish has established himself off the left, Mitoma's position, surely there's no way he's getting dislodged.

Quality player though. As a Brighton fan, you must learn pretty quickly not to get too attached to the good ones.

• Subscriber
On 06/08/2023 at 12:33, The Palace Fan said:

Adingra? I'd heard him touted as basically this year's Mitoma a little while back. Actually outperformed Mitoma's numbers at their feeder club in Belgium.

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

I mean, Mitoma is no way going to turn them down is he but surely he's got to be looking and thinking Grealish has established himself off the left, Mitoma's position, surely there's no way he's getting dislodged.

Quality player though. As a Brighton fan, you must learn pretty quickly not to get too attached to the good ones.

I think Pep will convert him to play on the right, he is right footed and he offers a different option to Grealish and a bit of competition on the left too

Archived