talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Formula One - General Chat

football forum

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Have you guys seen this?

What a story :( Really rooting for him to have a successful career in F1. 

Yes, saw it earlier today... Only 20 years old, obviously talented, seems hard working and determined as well. Cheering for him and Sauber as well.

Gotta feel for Kimi, man. Great driving all weekend and better than Seb, and still comes 3rd. I thought it was interesting to hear Lewis' reaction when he saw the red car in front of him. Pure disbelief. Ferrari with the bamboozle. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Again, so classy from the one true Mercedes Champ. 

His eyebrows are too well groomed xD don't know why but it's the first thing I've noticed in the pic and it unsettled me xD 

• Subscriber

Have you heard about new Liberty plans for race weekends in the future? Apparently they want to introduce a qualifying sprint race on Saturdays. So apparently, there'd be two training sessions on Friday, then the usual qualifying on Saturday which would determine the starting grid for the qualifying sprint race on Saturday too (100 km, no tire or fuel limits), and THEN the end result of this sprint race would determine the starting grid for the usual Sunday race O.o Apparently, they even considered creating a reverse grid too, but luckily that was rejected.

• Subscriber

Hope that doesn't come to fruition. F1 needs to be a different sport to the feeder series where entertainment is more important than fair competition. Going down the route of reverse grids and qualifying races reduces the value of the Grand Prix and takes away from Formula 1 as a sport.

I have to say it's bothered me for years how much F1 management have started to try and pander to the casual fan to get viewership up with stuff like DRS. There needs to be some valuation of tradition and why F1 always had a big enough following in the first place from the people who enjoyed it for the pure motorsport it was and the organic drama it produced between the world's best racing drivers.

However I'm resigned that the sport will move away from naturally occurring drama towards gimmicky manufactured drama with stuff like double points at the last race, reverse grids etc. to pull people with no attention span in from the smart phone generation.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Everyday we stray further from Bernie's light. 

Do you remember when he suggested introducing sprinklers on the side of the tracks to come on at random and create a wet race? xD And the medals system that almost made it through the door. He started it (because he's totally business-driven not because he didn't understand the sport).

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Do you remember when he suggested introducing sprinklers on the side of the tracks to come on at random and create a wet race?

That's nothing compared to the Halo, no grid girls, and now that other bullshit Liberty suggest. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Bernie Ecclestone not only looks like a Ballbag but he is one aswell, totally clueless when it comes to bringing in new ideas. 

Not that Liberty Media are any different mind, no grid girls and the halo has made me lose so much faith in them, I dread to think what the sport could look like in five years time.

Driverless cars on the track, controlled from the garage in a sim xD